Anyone play Path of Exile?

thehardknoxlife

Path of Exile

I thought I hated this type of game after playing D3 but I picked this up and it's actually really fun. If I had to describe it, it's Diablo 2, Magic the Gathering, Final Fantasy 7, and Final Fantasy 10 all rolled into one game. I haven't played a nerd game in quite some time but with the dismissal of the NCAA game I had nothing better to do. Anyway, they are releasing a mini-expansion later today. I highly suggest it to anyone who likes hack n slash ARPG's.

I'd also like to say GGG is the most in touch company I've ever seen in a game company. They actually listen to their customers and the lead developer interacts with the community on a daily basis.

Oh, and it's 100% free to play. No gimmicks. The only money you spend is to buy microtransactions, which are just cosmetics for your character.

The skill tree is massive, and ever changing.

14978517342_4020f5e380_o.png

Last edited:
Never heard of it.
You should try it. If you ever played Diablo II then you'll love this game. It's more Diablo II than Diablo III. I've kinda gotten hooked. There's a steep learning curve (and I mean steep). For instance, there is not any gold in the game. The currency you spend for items are called orbs. They each have a different effect for crafting gear. You use those to craft and to barter. TBH, it has the best economy I've ever seen in a game(that's one of the first things a new player should learn, orb ratios). I can't suggest this game enough.

Last edited:
I've been playing the crap out of it lately. Got a 48 shadow and a 40 duelist. The shadow is a frost archer spec and the duelist is a 2h sword spec but he's not specced too well compared to the shadow.

VN Store

Back