EA announces "EA Access" subscription service for Xbox One

Brave Volunteer

Interesting!

Announcing EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:
•Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
•
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

Hmm. Looks like I'm gonna need an external hard drive.

How is this going to work with new release games though?

The end is near for Gamestop. I think many will follow EA with this.

Agreed. But I really don't get EA and their exclusivity with Xbox on this. Why on Earth with the PS4 being the market leader would you keep your platform from being on it? It just makes no sense. Even if MS is money hatting EA on this, I cannot see it benefiting them to any significant extent to make it worth whatever it is they are subsidizing them with.

Agreed. But I really don't get EA and their exclusivity with Xbox on this. Why on Earth with the PS4 being the market leader would you keep your platform from being on it? It just makes no sense. Even if MS is money hatting EA on this, I cannot see it benefiting them to any significant extent to make it worth whatever it is they are subsidizing them with.

Probably trying to compete with PS Now.

If this is successful for the Xbox One (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), then surely EA will provide this on the PS4

Yo dawg, I heard you like subscriptions so we put a subscription in a subscription so you can pay to play while you pay to play.
xzibit-happy.jpg

Edit: in all seriousness if yall Xbox folks like the idea, good for yall and I hope it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
how many of those games in "the vault" are you actually going to want to go back and play? idk, maybe it will be a great deal. i have my doubts. i don't play enough ea games anymore to justify it personally...

how many of those games in "the vault" are you actually going to want to go back and play? idk, maybe it will be a great deal. i have my doubts. i don't play enough ea games anymore to justify it personally...

That will be key, but with the 5 day early access to new releases and the %10 discount on extra game content, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

That will be key, but with the 5 day early access to new releases and the %10 discount on extra game content, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Agreed. That is why I had season ticket. You could try a game before it came out and then decide not to buy it (Madden and NCAA). Instead of wasting 60 on the game.

I barely even buy EA games anymore. NCAA was the only yearly purchase for me. Other than that, Madden and FIFA were really the only two I considered.

I barely even buy EA games anymore. NCAA was the only yearly purchase for me. Other than that, Madden and FIFA were really the only two I considered.

Yeah I'm the same way. Right now the only EA game I even own is Titanfall and that's just because it came with my Xbox One. However once the Star Wars games start coming out you can be sure I'll be buying EA again.

What concerns me about what EA is doing is that it's going to establish a precedent with other developers to follow suit. Pretty soon you have 5 or 6 companies doing the same damn thing and before you know it gamers will be 5.00 to death for services that don't provide much of a value. Also I'm afraid companies are going to use things like exclusive DLC as leverage to get people to sign up. I pay for PS Plus and Live Gold. That's enough! Any of these services need to be under those 2 umbrellas.

What concerns me about what EA is doing is that it's going to establish a precedent with other developers to follow suit. Pretty soon you have 5 or 6 companies doing the same damn thing and before you know it gamers will be 5.00 to death for services that don't provide much of a value. Also I'm afraid companies are going to use things like exclusive DLC as leverage to get people to sign up. I pay for PS Plus and Live Gold. That's enough! Any of these services need to be under those 2 umbrellas.
I'm not as worried as some of you are at this because the market will determine of it survives or if it grows.

Reactions: 1 person
$4.99 a month now, $20 a month once they've got you hooked.

I'll stick with gamefly

So I'm guessing you can download the full games and play them just like you own them until you stop paying then they just won't work anymore?

VN Store

Back