Lego should make sports games

Brave Volunteer

I'm a huge fan of the Lego series and I was thinking about this last night. I think a Lego Sports series could potentially be a lot of fun! It would be a nice alternative from all the officially licensed sports games. They could make them very simple to play so as to appeal to a younger audience, with a heavy emphasis on arcade gameplay. Plus there's a lot of opportunity there for classic Lego "high jinx" humor.

What do you guys think?

I'm a huge fan of the Lego series and I was thinking about this last night. I think a Lego Sports series could potentially be a lot of fun! It would be a nice alternative from all the officially licensed sports games. They could make them very simple to play so as to appeal to a younger audience, with a heavy emphasis on arcade gameplay. Plus there's a lot of opportunity there for classic Lego "high jinx" humor.

What do you guys think?
I could see it being fun, for a bargain bin price. Lasting appeal wouldn't be there for me.

I could see it being fun, for a bargain bin price. Lasting appeal wouldn't be there for me.

I think it would be a great way to introduce sports games to a younger audience. Just keep it very simple and make everything over the top and fun.

Imagine a football game where if you hit a player hard enough, they get injured by exploding into multiple Lego pieces. Then a trainer comes out with a broom and dust pan and sweeps up the pieces, LOL! I think Lego constructed football and baseball stadiums would be cool too. A hockey game could have a lot of potential as well.

I think it would be a great way to introduce sports games to a younger audience. Just keep it very simple and make everything over the top and fun.

Imagine a football game where if you hit a player hard enough, they get injured by exploding into multiple Lego pieces. Then a trainer comes out with a broom and dust pan and sweeps up the pieces, LOL! I think Lego constructed football and baseball stadiums would be cool too. A hockey game could have a lot of potential as well.

Reasonable, I'm dating myself by saying when I was a kid even the "Sim" games were arcadey.

Reactions: 1 person
Reasonable, I'm dating myself by saying when I was a kid even the "Sim" games were arcadey.

Don't feel old, here are my childhood memories of sports games...

super_jock_650x300_a01_1111.jpg

images

8-1967-Tudor-620-II.jpg

mattel_football_large.jpg

super_challenge_football.png

tecmo_bowl-cover-front.jpg

original.jpg

Double_Dribble_-_1987_-_Konami.jpg

VN Store

Back