Nhl 15

you didn't miss much... looks just like the previous year

Physics trailer looks pretty nice, I like the idea of a bouncing puck, but I'm certain any progress in that department will be ruined with a patch.

I want to like these games, but I still feel there's too much steroid hitting and fighting to feel like hockey imo. I'll keep an eye on it, of course, but I'm 99% FIFA at this point, NHL has become more of a timekiller than anything enjoyable over the past few year.

There's lots of talk mentioning that OTP/EASHL won't be included on PS4/XBone. Seems like the team would quickly clarify if that wasn't the case.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/755429/is-eashl-in-xb1ps4-versions-of-nhl-15/

Last edited:
I really can't believe it's true, although it appears to be. Not a huge deal for me, as I was very borderline on this anyway, I'd rather get FIFA of the two. If there's OTP I might give it a second look

I can't justify paying for a gold membership for what amounts to a roster update. It would've been nice to play, but between The Golf Club and FIFA I figure I'll survive.

I can't justify paying for a gold membership for what amounts to a roster update. It would've been nice to play, but between The Golf Club and FIFA I figure I'll survive.

I completely understand. I reuped mine bc that's the only way I can get watch espn and Fleetwood might kill himself if I didn't play hockey w him

I'm rather shocked actually

Yep, it's puzzling to me. Guess we'll see what the deal is this week. I honestly don't see why EA continually touts improvements like arenas you don't see, or sweaters wrinkling during collisions, while ignoring blatant deficiencies in, or pruning game modes entirely.

Yep, it's puzzling to me. Guess we'll see what the deal is this week. I honestly don't see why EA continually touts improvements like arenas you don't see, or sweaters wrinkling during collisions, while ignoring blatant deficiencies in, or pruning game modes entirely.

Not really surprised they took something out that people liked, I'm surprised they took it something that was such a money maker for them

Originally Posted by acidraindrops08<br />
They have to get position to do the glitch shots though. Don't them get to that area or just play with a goalie. You can't glitch on a human goalie.
<br />
Yeah, but it is very deflating when you spend all of your time working to defend areas of the ice that are not realistic scoring threats in real life. That is what the problem with the game really is. <br />
<br />
The AI is so bad that the human element is forced to play a game that is not really hockey because you spend the entire time just trying to stop a play such as a 1 on 2 in transition on the rush and a soft float shot from above the circles. Where as in real life that puck would almost never be a goal, it is nearly automatic in the series, and has been for years.<br />
<br />
Meanwhile and conversely, cycling the puck and playing a realistic style down low that results in drawing the human opponent defenseman out of position doesn't really punish their team as the cpu goalie will then make an unrealistic side to side save where they are squared up with the tap-in that was fed far side before the puck even reaches the stick of the attacking player. <br />
<br />
There in lies the true problem with the series. When you start defending areas that wouldn't matter in real life and start giving up or taking chances you wouldn't normally take on a real pair of skates because you know the game will react differently than what is realistic, then you are no longer playing a representation of hockey. You are just playing a video game. And that is not the point of playing; there are hundreds of video games we could play, there is no hockey game right now. Just because you slap NHL on the cover and make it look like it is on ice and with sticks and a puck doesn't make it hockey. You need to represent the actual sport of hockey. <br />
<br />
This video game often falls far from the goal of making that happen, unfortunately. And it has been quite some time since they have even attempted to adjust it or fix any of these issues. The same money/cheese/glitch goals have been in the series for quite a few years. It is very rehashed and not fun or fresh if you are a long time player. This is our major gripe with the developers in the genre.<br/>

This is a legitimate post

Unfortunately until old gen is completely no further being supported, we won't see all the features with the EA next gen games. I'm pretty sad about this eashl and CGM stuff..... I mean really?

No EASHL:

58827.gif

Last edited:
Cut scenes in sports games are cool for the first time you play the game then it is time to skip them. Man EA sports dropped the ball on this. I have seen so many people pissed and stating they are not buying this.

VN Store

Back