Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Watched the full demo last night... this is my most anticipated game so far. I love the MG games. The graphics on this are absolutely stunning.

The graphics do look fantastic. However what I love is the fact that you can build your own Mother Base based on all of the resources you gather while out in the field and that everone's Mother Base will be different! I also love that everything you fulton back to your Mother Base will actually be there when you go back. LMAO at him fultoning the goat.

The guy doing the commentary cracks me up. Could they have picked anyone "whiter" to demo the game? LOL!

The graphics do look fantastic. However what I love is the fact that you can build your own Mother Base based on all of the resources you gather while out in the field and that everone's Mother Base will be different! I also love that everything you fulton back to your Mother Base will actually be there when you go back. LMAO at him fultoning the goat.

The guy doing the commentary cracks me up. Could they have picked anyone "whiter" to demo the game? LOL!

Ha I know! Agreed, the mother base and fultoning is a really cool feature.

I'll probably pick it up because I'm a big fan of the series, but I felt like I watched MGS 4 more than I played it.

I'm guessing the cut scenes will be similar in length if not longer in MGS 5.

I'll probably pick it up because I'm a big fan of the series, but I felt like I watched MGS 4 more than I played it.

I'm guessing the cut scenes will be similar in length if not longer in MGS 5.

Same, but I've played and finished every Metal Gear game going all way back to the NES games and the original MSX true canon Metal Gear games to the last MGS Rising game, so I'm definitely going to keep it going.

The only MG games I've never played much are the Acid games on the PSP, and that's because it's a card based game and the hour I played it just didn't do it for me.

Does anyone think this will be the last one, at least for a good while since Hideo Kojima split from Konami?

Does anyone think this will be the last one, at least for a good while since Hideo Kojima split from Konami?

I have a theory on this. I think Konami wants to do just the opposite with Metal Gear. I think they want to annualize the franchise via Assassins Creed to generate more revenue from the strength of the name. I also believe this was a big reason why Kojima and Konami went their seperate ways. I don't think Kojima wanted any part of that kind of business model.

I have a theory on this. I think Konami wants to do just the opposite with Metal Gear. I think they want to annualize the franchise via Assassins Creed to generate more revenue from the strength of the name. I also believe this was a big reason why Kojima and Konami went their seperate ways. I don't think Kojima wanted any part of that kind of business model.

Good theory. That wouldnt't surprise me. I wish they'd put out a 2D Castlevania every year though :)

That is a good theory. Also, to add, overall Konami as a whole has not been doing well lately.

I will wait to get this. Too much going on right now. I know it will be an amazing game though.

That's a pretty good theory. I had heard Kojima wasn't very pleased with the direction that MGS Rising was going and that's why he ended up not having really anything to do with it. Whether or not one thinks the MG series is that great or not, Kojima has always treated the series with a reverence. I can definitely see him being completely against turning the series into a yearly sequel machine.

On Konami's side, the reports of how badly they are doing have been all over the internet, even at one point the strong rumors were they were done with console gaming.

I'm surprised nobody on here is talking about this game.

It has a 95 Metacritic average, making it the second highest rated game this generation.

Ground Zeroes, the prequel, which was also pretty awesome, was free in July for PS4 and in August for Xbox One.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better all around game series than Kojima's Metal Gear games. Metal Gear Solid is $9.99 on the PSN, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker (all in one package) is like $25 used for PS3 and 360 at every GameStop.

TLDR? Stop playing Clash of Clans and Destiny, and pick this game up :)

I'm surprised nobody on here is talking about this game.

It has a 95 Metacritic average, making it the second highest rated game this generation.

Ground Zeroes, the prequel, which was also pretty awesome, was free in July for PS4 and in August for Xbox One.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better all around game series than Kojima's Metal Gear games. Metal Gear Solid is $9.99 on the PSN, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker (all in one package) is like $25 used for PS3 and 360 at every GameStop.

TLDR? Stop playing Clash of Clans and Destiny, and pick this game up :)

I will get this when the price drops. Only played one Metal Gear game in the past but I know this one will be fantastic. I have Ground Zeroes so I need to play that first and read a synopsis on the rest of the series.

Reactions: 1 person
I've read great things from professional reviewers and so far almost all player comments have backed it up.

I will get this when the price drops. Only played one Metal Gear game in the past but I know this one will be fantastic. I have Ground Zeroes so I need to play that first and read a synopsis on the rest of the series.

If you have a PS3 or 360, the HD Collection I mentioned is worth a buy - you get 2 PS2 games, 1 PSP game, and two old NES Metal Gears for $25. Hopefully the 360 version will be backward compatible.

Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain fit in the middle of the story line, so expect it to be a bit confusing haha

Last edited:
I've read great things from professional reviewers and so far almost all player comments have backed it up.

Oh yeah, outside of MGS2 upsetting people who were used to playing as Snake in MGS1 and the way too long cut scenes in MGS4, I've never heard anyone complain about this series. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins most GOTY awards.

Well, since I'm posting tonight, I may as well tell you guys how absolutely awesome this game is. This has the best gameplay of any game this year objectively.

VN Store

Back