The 2014 E3 Thread (June 10-12)

TrueOrange

The yearly video game expo is coming up next week, so I thought I'd go ahead and create a thread so people can start the discussion and/or speculation.

(Though technically, I guess it kind of starts the 9th, since Microsoft likes to present a day before everyone else.)

I don't know how I'm going to watch coverage of the conferences this year though, now that G4 is pretty much a shell of itself....I guess a live stream is the way to go now.

Edit: looks like everyone's following Microsoft's lead now and presenting on Monday now. Monday's schedule:

Microsoft 12:30 pm EST

EA 3:00 pm EST

Ubisoft 6:00 pm EST

Sony 9:00 pm EST

(Nintendo will present on Tuesday, but they'll be doing so through their online streaming Nintendo Direct at around noon.)

I don't know how I'm going to watch coverage of the conferences this year though, now that G4 is pretty much a shell of itself....I guess a live stream is the way to go now.

I think I read Spike is going to step up their coverage but I'm not sure how much. No way it's like the old G4 days.

Nintendo should just save themselves the trouble and issue a press release letting everyone what hilarious hijinx Mario and company get into this year.

I think I read Spike is going to step up their coverage but I'm not sure how much. No way it's like the old G4 days.

Nintendo should just save themselves the trouble and issue a press release letting everyone what hilarious hijinx Mario and company get into this year.

$100 price drop on the 32gb Wii U making it $199. Just go ahead and do it Nintendo.

Already posted in the PS4 thread but...

In case any of you follow E3, the PS4 has a new E3 app that you can download to be used for streaming Sony's conference (Monday, 8:30 EST). It also looks like you're going to be able to take a virtual tour of Sony's booth and view game trailers, watch interviews, and who knows what else. Definitely go download the app. It looks like it's going to be pretty cool for those who cannot attend.

Best I can tell based on the television guide's schedule, Spike is only planning on covering the Microsoft press conference and later the EA press conference of Monday. I presume this to be mainly contractual, but it looks like if one wants to see the Ubisoft or the Sony conferences, I guess they have to stream online.

To be fair though, they've never really - in their history - been the biggest fans of this kind of event. Honestly, a lot of the companies in the past weren't. They've seemed for a while like much rather do something without all that grandeur.

Already posted in the PS4 thread but...

In case any of you follow E3, the PS4 has a new E3 app that you can download to be used for streaming Sony's conference (Monday, 8:30 EST). It also looks like you're going to be able to take a virtual tour of Sony's booth and view game trailers, watch interviews, and who knows what else. Definitely go download the app. It looks like it's going to be pretty cool for those who cannot attend.

Is this new? I believe they've done this the past few E3's, just on the PS3.

Predicted story lines from E3?

- MS is back to games first, and will announced some new exclusive game for 2015 or 2016 from a big publisher. Not sure if the new will mean they are going to get a sequel exclusive (like a Mass Effect 4) or just a new IP.

- 2014 will be the year of the remaster version. The Last of Us remaster has already been announced, and some type of Halo remaster (not sure if all the Halos or what) has been leaked. Hopefully we will see a remaster GTV V for both consoles, and a remastered Uncharted I-III.

- Fallout 4 (fingers crossed) and Crackdown 3 announced.

- 95% of anything of note will be a 2015/2016 game or has been delayed to 2015.

- Sony announces the Last Guardian is now a PS4 game, and is coming out next year (biggest stretch of them all).

$100 price drop on the 32gb Wii U making it $199. Just go ahead and do it Nintendo.

I want a Wii U s0 bad, but for just like 3 or 4 games that I love (I hate I'm missing a new Mario Kart). If they did drop it to $199 I think I could justify it.

I want a Wii U s0 bad, but for just like 3 or 4 games that I love (I hate I'm missing a new Mario Kart). If they did drop it to $199 I think I could justify it.

Same here. I want one but not for $299. I'd gladly throw down $199 for it. I could actually see Nintendo doing this and I hope they do.

Yeah, it looks like Spike will interview Jack Tretton but their coverage looks like it's pretty much going to be just a Microsoft and EA show...

(because 'Merica!)

Last edited:
Predicted story lines from E3?

- MS is back to games first, and will announced some new exclusive game for 2015 or 2016 from a big publisher. Not sure if the new will mean they are going to get a sequel exclusive (like a Mass Effect 4) or just a new IP.

- 2014 will be the year of the remaster version. The Last of Us remaster has already been announced, and some type of Halo remaster (not sure if all the Halos or what) has been leaked. Hopefully we will see a remaster GTV V for both consoles, and a remastered Uncharted I-III.

- Fallout 4 (fingers crossed) and Crackdown 3 announced.

- 95% of anything of note will be a 2015/2016 game or has been delayed to 2015.

- Sony announces the Last Guardian is now a PS4 game, and is coming out next year (biggest stretch of them all).

It was already announced late year that Bioware was starting work on Mass Effect 4. That said, if they're still working under EA, there's no way that would go back to being a one console game after the franchise started being released across consoles. That'd just be less money.

I do expect them to be games first though; that system's not done as well as they were hoping/expecting, so they'll probably be pushing their core demographic...especially since the announcement of pulling the Kinect off of the Xbox one.

I'm also doubtful this is the last year of remastered versions of games; it's too easy/safe a profit for the companies.

Last edited:
I think Microsoft will announce ME 1-3 and Halo (some variation) remasters. ME 4 will be multi-platform (X1/PS4 only) though.

Of course they're just going to be doing just games; they're behind where they wanted to be.

Why would you remaster Mass Effects 1-3? They're already in HD, aren't they?

Remaster to Xbox One so people can play it on the new console. They'd make a ton doing that. Id buy it. Never got the chance to play ME1 or 3

With how futuristic this seems to be based, perhaps this should be more of a separate franchise.

Then again, they want the call of duty title on games because they feel it sells better...or that we're idiots that just flock and buy based off names (nothing ill meant towards this game specifically)

VN Store

Back