Sony rolls out Playstation Now private beta for PS4 tomorrow

Brave Volunteer

PS4.jpg

PlayStation Now, using Gaikai’s cloud-based technology, will allow users to stream and play “popular hits and classic games” from the PS3 library, first on PS3 and PS4, and followed by PS Vita. Since January, users have been able to experience PS Now in its Private Beta program for the PS3, but now the program is expanding and will become available for testing on the PS4 as well.
“We’re pleased to announce that the Private Beta program… will make its debut on PlayStation 4 systems May 20,” Director of Strategic Planning Peter Jamshidi announced on the PlayStation Blog. “PS Now gives you the freedom to play select PS3 games like you already stream movies, TV, shows, and music — directly to your favorite PS Now compatible devices without any discs or downloads.
“The Private Beta program has been going great so far, and we want to give thanks to the testers that have participated– your valuable feedback is helping us make the service even better. Thus far, Private Beta testers have logged more than 50,000 gameplay hours discovering new games, rediscovering favorites and racking up Trophies!”
People who haven’t registered for a chance to receive a voucher code can sign up here. PlayStation Now launches this summer. The first supported devices launching in 2014 are PS3, PS4, PlayStation Vita, and select Bravia TVs.

If the rumors from a few weeks ago turn out to be true, the PS4 will also be getting software emulation for backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2 titles (with HD support). That along with PS Now would mean the PS4 could potentially have full support of the entire Playstation catalogue from every generation.

PS4.jpg

If the rumors from a few weeks ago turn out to be true, the PS4 will also be getting software emulation for backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2 titles (with HD support). That along with PS Now would mean the PS4 could potentially have full support of the entire Playstation catalogue from every generation.

Good God. Please.

And my buddy just bought the new PS Vita (slimmer, better battery) Borderlands 2 bundle for $200 at Walmart. It's pretty sweet and the Remote Play is freaking amazing. Pretty sure I'm gonna buy one just for that feature alone.

I got an invite but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Well this made my mind up of getting the PS4 back. I shouldn't have traded my old one for an X1 (which I hate). Sucks losing out on some money but I'm not happy with the X1.

Well this made my mind up of getting the PS4 back. I shouldn't have traded my old one for an X1 (which I hate). Sucks losing out on some money but I'm not happy with the X1.

I did it twice so don't feel bad..

I did it twice so don't feel bad..

Did you start out with PS4? The big reason I switched too X1 is because all of my friends are on it, but with our work and school schedules we are all hardly on at the same time. GameStop is only offering $350 for the X1 now so I'll take a loss there, but it will be worth it in the end. I don't want to mess with craigslist or eBay.

Did you start out with PS4? The big reason I switched too X1 is because all of my friends are on it, but with our work and school schedules we are all hardly on at the same time. GameStop is only offering $350 for the X1 now so I'll take a loss there, but it will be worth it in the end. I don't want to mess with craigslist or eBay.

Started out with Xbox One. Had it since launch because I was a 360-only person and all my friends were going to that. Traded that in for PS4 week before Infamous came out. My neighbor did the same as me. A month later I started missing my XO for some reason and wanted to try Titanfall. Then I started missing the PS4's graphics, faster interface and just some little things. Decided to pay $400 for the PS4 again so I could get The Show. Found out it's best to just have both in my situation. Get both console's exclusives and then get multi-platform games on the PS4.

Did all of this through Gamestop. Didn't take any loss when I went to PS4 both times. Going back to Xbox One cost me like $180.

Played a few minutes of Dead Island Riptide on PS4 via PS Now. Cut scenes were a little choppy but it seemed playable. Hope to have some more time to evaluate it this week.

Anyone else have it?

Started out with Xbox One. Had it since launch because I was a 360-only person and all my friends were going to that. Traded that in for PS4 week before Infamous came out. My neighbor did the same as me. A month later I started missing my XO for some reason and wanted to try Titanfall. Then I started missing the PS4's graphics, faster interface and just some little things. Decided to pay $400 for the PS4 again so I could get The Show. Found out it's best to just have both in my situation. Get both console's exclusives and then get multi-platform games on the PS4.

Did all of this through Gamestop. Didn't take any loss when I went to PS4 both times. Going back to Xbox One cost me like $180.

I traded for Titianfall and I don't even play it anymore. It was a dumb trade but I plan on trading back for the ps4 here soon.

I agree. I have both and I have found they both complement each other very well.

For my X1 I play quite a bit of Forza 5, and Killer Instinct, two game genres not really represented on PS4 right now. Also my wife enjoys the fitness software. Plus I'm looking forward to Games With Gold in June for Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.

My PS4 is getting a lot of love right now with MLB The Show, Infamous Second Son, and Rayman Legends. Plus I'm playing through the Killzone Shadowfall campaign again. 7 months later and Killzone still blows me away with it's graphic design.

Overall I like my PS4 the best but I do enjoy both.

So I called my local GameStop and they said they'll give me $265 for in store credit...but they'll give you another 50% if you trade towards a new gen system so that's around $395. Plus $28 for my NBA2k14 and $10 for headset. I'm seriously thinking about it.

So I called my local GameStop and they said they'll give me $265 for in store credit...but they'll give you another 50% if you trade towards a new gen system so that's around $395. Plus $28 for my NBA2k14 and $10 for headset. I'm seriously thinking about it.

You could always go back and get the cheaper X1 for 399.99 without Kinect down the road.

You could always go back and get the cheaper X1 for 399.99 without Kinect down the road.

That's true I was thinking maybe when they come out with a slim or a different design if they do. Like they made the slim or whatever it was called with the 360.

VN Store

Back