MS announces 399.99 Xbox One sku with no Kinect!

Additional MS news: Xbox Live Gold sub no longer required for Netflix, hulu, etc.

I got an email from Xbox today confirmed that they are doing Games for Gold on Xbox One starting in June.

Nice move by Microsoft but the PS4 is hands down the better buy and will always be more powerful. Microsoft can't do anything about the power advantage. I've owned both and it's clear to see. Always been an Xbox guy ever since the 360 and truly wanted the One to be better but it's just not happening. At least now it's not $100 more.

I might get one now for the exclusives and madden. The ps4 controller is just a deal breaker for me.

MS forgot who their core consumers were and now they're getting an economical what-for.

No pity for them here.

MS forgot who their core consumers were and now they're getting an economical what-for.

No pity for them here.

The problem was attempting to cash in on basic PC functionality by charging for something the other system AND the PC can just do. When your system is basically a stripped down low to mid range home theater PC, you better make sure your feature set is solid. The kinnect was just the last nail in the coffin that caused them to neglect graphics too much.

Yea. In contrast the xbone has the best feeling controller I've ever felt.

I was a huge fan of the 360 controller and hated the ps3 controller, but I prefer the ps4 controller. I think the thumbsticks on the Xbox one controller are too small.

I was a huge fan of the 360 controller and hated the ps3 controller, but I prefer the ps4 controller. I think the thumbsticks on the Xbox one controller are too small.

I like the thumb sticks on the one more than ps4. I love both controllers.

It's the location of the thumbsticks for me. I can't stand it.

If anyone wants a X1 and this setup, they missed the boat on the 450 titanfall bundles. 50 for the Kinect and a solid game that was probably fetching 30 or so used.

I dont think MS had to do this. And it screws devs that were working witg and guaranteed owners would have the Kinect.

It's the location of the thumbsticks for me. I can't stand it.

I have both systems and I prefer the DS4 because 1.) The footprint of the DS4 is slightly wider than the X1 controller. My hands feel more cramped while holding the X1 controller. 2.) The analogue sticks are bigger. 3.) I feel that DS4 is a bit more innovative in it's design with the glide pad and controller speaker.

In regards to thumbstick placement, I don't understand what the big deal is to some about this. Whether it's offset or parallel, I can't detect any advantage of one over the other. I can put down the X1 controller and pick up the DS4 and not skip a beat.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a X1 and this setup, they missed the boat on the 450 titanfall bundles. 50 for the Kinect and a solid game that was probably fetching 30 or so used.

I dont think MS had to do this. And it screws devs that were working witg and guaranteed owners would have the Kinect.

Obviously sales are disappointing and they are scrambling.

I've never seen anything like what Microsoft has done with the One. They had an undisputed market leader in the 360 and couldn't have screwed up the One any worse if they tried. From inadequate hardware, to no true gaming headsets for three months, to the clunky interface --- it's been a complete disaster. And this coming from a 360 fan boy. I just have to shake my head.

I guess the good news is they are trying to fix everything, but the console has been out for six months at this point.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back