Ok, I'm sick of getting shafted for getting a next-gen system

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman! Yes, that is the sound of Batman: Arkham City coming to PlayStation Plus in April for PlayStation 3 owners. Arkham City garnered praise from gamers and critics alike, as evidenced by its cumulative 96/100 score on Metacritic. With the recent announcement of Batman Arkham Knight, this is a great way to catch up on Batman’s adventures.

PlayStation 4 owners can join up with friends and take down an evil corporation in a new 2D action game, Mercenary Kings. As you explore the island CLAW (that’s the evil corporation) has taken over, you’ll discover weapon parts that you can take back to your base and use to fashion together some new spiffy gear.

This is what I get for commiting to Sony's next-gen. I should have just kept my PS3/360, I could be playing Arkham City for free, instead I get to play a 2-D Megaman knock off. You can't even download classic games on this piece of junk. Sony needs to step this up before I go another route.

Theres 7 years worth of games in the PS3 library, and less than 6 months in the PS4. What do you really expect, high end titles to be given out?

Reactions: 1 person
This is what I get for commiting to Sony's next-gen. I should have just kept my PS3/360, I could be playing Arkham City for free, instead I get to play a 2-D Megaman knock off. You can't even download classic games on this piece of junk. Sony needs to step this up before I go another route.

Are you serious? What free games would you be getting with Xbox?

Go another route, I promise nobody gives a rip. This must be your first time being an early purchaser of a console. This is nothing new.

Go another route, I promise nobody gives a rip. This must be your first time being an early purchaser of a console. This is nothing new.

Exactly. I knew when buying both consoles early that I was taking a chance with hardware issues as well as very slim choice of games. Luckily no hardware issues so far.

This is exactly why I didn't trade in my PS3. You really need to hold onto the previous console to help subsidize that slow period that every new generation goes through. I did the same thing last gen with PS2 games. My PS3 was backwards compatible so I played quite a few PS2 titles at PS3's launch like Gran Turismo 4, God of War 2, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, MLB The Show, etc.

It normally takes at least a good 2 years before a new generation console really gets rolling with titles in terms of both quantity and quality.

Last edited:
Kept my 360 for this reason. But like others have said...the systems have only been out for 6 months. It's gonna take some time for the games library to build up on both. PS+ will have some great games for free for the 4 soon enough.

No worries. Kwebb wasnt that you who posted the link saying there will still be 100+ ps4 games releasing in 2014.

Have the division, watchdogs, planetside, destiny, and some others right around the corner. Not to mention The last of us coming over.

No worries. Kwebb wasnt that you who posted the link saying there will still be 100+ ps4 games releasing in 2014.

Have the division, watchdogs, planetside, destiny, and some others right around the corner. Not to mention The last of us coming over.

Yeah. It was on ign. That is what they said. Let's hope it happens.

Theres 7 years worth of games in the PS3 library, and less than 6 months in the PS4. What do you really expect, high end titles to be given out?

I at least expected the "classics" library to still be out. On PSN for my PS3 I could download classic PS1 games when I couldn't find a good new game to play. There is absolutely ZERO reason I shouldn't still be able to do that on the PS4.

And I can even get around the fact that there isn't much content, but I really don't understand why the PS3 is still getting decent games to play on the PSN, and PS4 users get side-scrolling Indy garbage. If anything the monthly releases should apply to both systems. Aside from Outlast, every game I've downloaded on PSN that wasn't a new release has been awful. It's hard not to feel like you're getting screwed over when the PSN for PS3 releases good games and for some odd reason the PSN for the upgraded PS4 can't get the same games. How does that make any sense?

It's not like I was making the threat to the Volnation members and expecting them to do something about it.

But thanks for wasting your and my time with your worthless input.

Unless the new system is 100% backwards compatible, it's not a good idea to get rid of your last gen system. Especially this gen, when neither the XOne or the PS4 is BC, and the Wii U is but's a bit of a hassle, plus there are a few WiiWare games that aren't able to be switched over. This is the first gen I kept all of my last gen systems. Last gen I didn't because I got the early PS3 that was BC, all my Xbox games were compatible on the 360, and my Wii played GameCube games.

I understand why you may have needed to do it for the money value trade in, but like I said, especially this gen, it is best to keep your old systems.

I at least expected the "classics" library to still be out. On PSN for my PS3 I could download classic PS1 games when I couldn't find a good new game to play. There is absolutely ZERO reason I shouldn't still be able to do that on the PS4.

And I can even get around the fact that there isn't much content, but I really don't understand why the PS3 is still getting decent games to play on the PSN, and PS4 users get side-scrolling Indy garbage. If anything the monthly releases should apply to both systems. Aside from Outlast, every game I've downloaded on PSN that wasn't a new release has been awful. It's hard not to feel like you're getting screwed over when the PSN for PS3 releases good games and for some odd reason the PSN for the upgraded PS4 can't get the same games. How does that make any sense?
Why would you expect the classics library to be out when they said for months prior to release that they wouldn't be? Also, you obviously don't understand the fact that there is no way for then to release a game like AC for the PS4 as well, because they are completely coded differently.

Last edited:
It's not like I was making the threat to the Volnation members and expecting them to do something about it.

But thanks for wasting your and my time with your worthless input.

You're wasting everyone's time with your petulant childish rants because you couldn't do any simple research before you bought a console.

Reactions: 5 people
And they still have a hard time keeping them on the shelves. Sony has no reason to do anything more with old games. Its not going to sell more systems....they are already selling faster than they make them.

You're wasting everyone's time with your petulant childish rants because you couldn't do any simple research before you bought a console.

And yet you're here taking time to comment on it..... isn't that you wasting your time as opposed to me wasting your time?

Either way you've contributed nothing to this thread except for childish rants about what you call childish rants so...... go away.

And yet you're here taking time to comment on it..... isn't that you wasting your time as opposed to me wasting your time?

Either way you've contributed nothing to this thread except for childish rants about what you call childish rants so...... go away.
Trying to help you out, but you've gone childish rant again.

Why would you expect the classics library to be out when they said for months prior to release that they wouldn't be? Also, you obviously don't understand the fact that there is no way for then to release a game like AC for the PS4 as well, because they are completely coded differently.

Trying to help you out, but you've gone childish rant again.

Thank you for your help. It was invaluable.

Thank you for your help. It was invaluable.

You are *****ing about nothing. It was very well known that there would not be any BC for the systems at least for the first year. There is plenty coming out this year for the PS4 and you are complaining about getting shafted. This is simply a case of you not having a clue before you purchased a console, even though everyone knew exactly what was coming out the first year, and now deciding you will rage about it complaining you got shafted. In helping you out, I am simply pointing out to you the error is all on your part and this rant is nothing close to reasonable nor does it accomplish anything other than message board fodder. In the future I am hoping you wil do a little bit more research about something you will purchase in the future, so that hopefully you can prevent being "shafted".

You are *****ing about nothing. It was very well known that there would not be any BC for the systems at least for the first year. There is plenty coming out this year for the PS4 and you are complaining about getting shafted. This is simply a case of you not having a clue before you purchased a console, even though everyone knew exactly what was coming out the first year, and now deciding you will rage about it complaining you got shafted. In helping you out, I am simply pointing out to you the error is all on your part and this rant is nothing close to reasonable nor does it accomplish anything other than message board fodder. In the future I am hoping you wil do a little bit more research about something you will purchase in the future, so that hopefully you can prevent being "shafted".

Still letting me waste your time with this thread? PS4 owners are getting "shafted" because the games they are releasing are garbage. Whereas the people that didn't pay $400 to further Sony's business and just kept their old systems are getting rewarded with great games.

And you are correct. I did not thoroughly research PSN before I bought the system. I made an assumption that when I bought games on PSN for PS3 I would still have them for PS4. Something tells me Sony didn't advertise the fact that this will not be the case.

But even if before I bought the system I read "PS4 will release over 100 downloadable games in 2014" then by 1/4 of the way through 2014 I would expect more than 2-D side-scrollers. Therefore I feel "shafted". And that's just from the PSN content, based on the quality and quantity of the actual next-gen games that have been released, it's quite obvious neither Sony nor Microsoft was prepared to release their systems yet. And I am part of a decently large culture of gamers that feel the exact same way.

But again, thanks for your help. I'll remember to seek you out if I ever need anyone to gripe about someone griping.

Still letting me waste your time with this thread? PS4 owners are getting "shafted" because the games they are releasing are garbage. Whereas the people that didn't pay $400 to further Sony's business and just kept their old systems are getting rewarded with great games.

And you are correct. I did not thoroughly research PSN before I bought the system. I made an assumption that when I bought games on PSN for PS3 I would still have them for PS4. Something tells me Sony didn't advertise the fact that this will not be the case.

But even if before I bought the system I read "PS4 will release over 100 downloadable games in 2014" then by 1/4 of the way through 2014 I would expect more than 2-D side-scrollers. Therefore I feel "shafted". And that's just from the PSN content, based on the quality and quantity of the actual next-gen games that have been released, it's quite obvious neither Sony nor Microsoft was prepared to release their systems yet. And I am part of a decently large culture of gamers that feel the exact same way.

But again, thanks for your help. I'll remember to seek you out if I ever need anyone to gripe about someone griping.

Or the people that did invest in the PS4 and didn't get rid of their PS3. Which I would bet is the majority of PS4 owners.

So if I just agreed that you were being shafted and should feel outraged, you would be ok? Cool, I agree you have every right to feel like you have been wronged. You should sell your console, I can guarantee you can get close to what you put in it, problem solved.

Or the people that did invest in the PS4 and didn't get rid of their PS3. Which I would bet is the majority of PS4 owners.

These were the people who were smarter than I. But as said earlier, I really needed to apply the credit towards the new system. A lesson learned for next time.

These were the people who were smarter than I. But as said earlier, I really needed to apply the credit towards the new system. A lesson learned for next time.

Like I said, due to supply shortages right now, you could probably get your money back that you put in the system.

VN Store

Back