The Witcher 3 officially delayed until February 2015

Brave Volunteer

DAMN!!!! :machgun::banghead2:

Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT S.A.

Witcher 2 was on my list but never got around to trying it. Good series?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx8kQ4s5hCY[/YOUTUBE]

Everything about this looks absolutely perfect.

You have to respect the developers for basically saying they are delaying it because they want to make it better. Yeah, it could just be basic pr moves, but at least they didn't rush it out and leave some crap in the game. I've personally never played the series, but I like how it looks so I might give it a try in the future.

With all of the big AAA titles coming in 2015, this one is right up there at the top of the list for me. I probably logged more hours last generation playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim than any other games that came out. Since we're not going to see another true Elder Scrolls game for quite a while, The Witcher 3 looks like it's going to be the closest thing to it.

Last edited:
What was wrong with it? This will be my first Witcher game so I'm curious as to what you didn't like about it.

Combat was clunky and not very fun. The map system they used was a disaster. The layout of the all the main areas (especially the second one) was awful. Story was alright. I liked that one of the choices you made early on basically changed the whole second and third acts of the game though. That was cool.

I'm hopeful that the third one will improve on the things I didn't like because it looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Combat was clunky and not very fun. The map system they used was a disaster. The layout of the all the main areas (especially the second one) was awful. Story was alright. I liked that one of the choices you made early on basically changed the whole second and third of the game though. That was cool.

I'm hopeful that the third one will improve on the things I didn't like because it looks fantastic.

Thanks for your opinions Walrus!

I've never played any of the Witchers either, thanks for the impression from earlier editions.

Combat was clunky and not very fun. The map system they used was a disaster. The layout of the all the main areas (especially the second one) was awful. Story was alright. I liked that one of the choices you made early on basically changed the whole second and third of the game though. That was cool.

From the video it looks like the overhauled everything - do the controls and combat look better to you for this one?

Witcher 1 was almost unplayable for me because of the combat. Luckily everything else was great. 2 made the combat more fluid but it still isn't great.

The open world is new for 3 and is a big selling point. Hopefully it'll be good enough to make Bethesda step up their game and learn how to implement meaningful choice in their games again.

It definitely has an elder scrolls look to it. Hopefully it lives up to that since we've got a while before a single player elder scrolls hits next gen

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Release Date Delayed Again - IGN

Delayed again until May 19,2015.

Many games in 2014 should have been delayed more like this.

Agreed! I have a Wii-U and one thing I will give high praise to Nintendo for is that they simply do not release games until they are truly finished! It may take them a little longer to release games but when they do, they work!

The news about the delay is disappointing but hey, if that's what they need to do to make the game right then so be it. I'd rather get a game that's bug-free.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed! I have a Wii-U and one thing I will give high praise to Nintendo for is that they simply do not release games until they are truly finished! It may take them a little longer to release games but when they do, they work!

The news about the delay is disappointing but hey, if that's what they need to do to make the game right then so be it. I'd rather get a game that's bug-free.

I don't have a Wii-U but Nintendo is great about not releasing games unless they are truly finished.

I am super excited for this game and it sucks but I would rather them get it right than pulling a Ubisoft and delaying AC Unity by a week or two and it still having a ton of bugs.

VN Store

Back