FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014

Persian Vol

I should be studying.
Supposed to be released April 15 in North America. I was incredibly disappointed when I found out this game will not be on the PS4 or Xbox One. Their excuse was that since the host country(Brazil) did not sell that many next generation consoles because of import taxes, they decided it wouldn't be fair to include it in next generation consoles. What a load of bull****. Why go through the extra budget of making it on newer platforms when you can just make it on ps3/360 and expect anyone that has a next gen console to buy it on the older gen anyway. EA is such a pile of ****.

Reactions: 1 person
seriously??? damn i was really looking forward to this game. i played FIFA south africa for years. it was a great game to play locally with friends.

Supposed to be released April 15 in North America. I was incredibly disappointed when I found out this game will not be on the PS4 or Xbox One. Their excuse was that since the host country(Brazil) did not sell that many next generation consoles because of import taxes, they decided it wouldn't be fair to include it in next generation consoles. What a load of bull****. Why go through the extra budget of making it on newer platforms when you can just make it on ps3/360 and expect anyone that has a next gen console to buy it on the older gen anyway. EA is such a pile of ****.

I guess this kind of sucks, but at the same time I've always felt like a full priced $60 game that was basically a stadium expansion pack and some different commentary from that year's FIFA was a little outrageous. I was actually hoping they'd do what the did with the Euro 2012 and release a $20 add on that could be played through the FIFA 14.

they must not like making money

I wonder if this game will have a feature allowing you, as the Brazilian side, to bribe officials to ensure all the flops are ignored and Brazil wins it all?

they must not like making money

Some of you are acting as though this game has been a juggernaut in sales in the past. The majority of the market for this game (by a large margin) isnt in NA. I get that you hate it, kinduv like I hated that NHL 14 wasnt included in the PS4 launch lineup, but its about the bottom line for them financially.

We need a I hate EA subforum for the gaming forum

There's certainly a lot of material you could use, but I find it funny that most people who ***** and complain that they hate EA, line up every damn year at midnight releases to continually buy their product.

There's certainly a lot of material you could use, but I find it funny that most people who ***** and complain that they hate EA, line up every damn year at midnight releases to continually buy their product.

Well it is a dilemma and is the reason monopolies are not ideal for consumers. People are going to buy the game regardless if one or two people want to "protest" by not buying it. In the end, if I boycott Madden 15, it won't make a difference in their sales or their business philosophy. I'll just be left without an NFL game, one game is better than nothing, but since there are no other games competing, EA will invest very little in newer versions of the game because they know they will continue to sell well if no one is competing against them. And while it is financially understandable that they are a company that wants to make as much money as possible, it's frustrating as hell for all of us.

Strikes me as a very limited scope, especially for more than $10-12.

I think it's got a bunch more licensed national teams and all the official stadiums, but that's about it. So, it you have some desperate urge to lead a fully licensed Burkina Faso or Kazakhstan to the WC, then this is the game for you. All the big hitters on the international scene are already in FIFA 14, where you can actually play the WC, just not in the actual Brazilian WC stadiums.

Well it is a dilemma and is the reason monopolies are not ideal for consumers. People are going to buy the game regardless if one or two people want to "protest" by not buying it. In the end, if I boycott Madden 15, it won't make a difference in their sales or their business philosophy. I'll just be left without an NFL game, one game is better than nothing, but since there are no other games competing, EA will invest very little in newer versions of the game because they know they will continue to sell well if no one is competing against them. And while it is financially understandable that they are a company that wants to make as much money as possible, it's frustrating as hell for all of us.

By the end of the NCAA franchise, this wasn't true. Not having the game at all was better than wasting $60 on the same crappy, broken game.

I think it's got a bunch more licensed national teams and all the official stadiums, but that's about it. So, it you have some desperate urge to lead a fully licensed Burkina Faso or Kazakhstan to the WC, then this is the game for you. All the big hitters on the international scene are already in FIFA 14, where you can actually play the WC, just not in the actual Brazilian WC stadiums.

Playing Iran through the Asian qualifiers is what makes the game for me

Will there be random stadium collapses, riots, fans dying of heat stroke, or the option to dismember the ref after a loss?

If so, this is a day 1 buy.

Did this game bring back multiplayer matchmaking?

In FIFA 13 (and every FIFA game before) me and 3 of my friends could get online and play against each other. They took that away in '14 for some awful reason. The only multiplayer you can do in 14 was single player against a random, or 2 player co-op seasons.

VN Store

Back