Gamestop Return Policy For Used Games

boomer020

I recently bought a used game from Gamestop and it has been past 7 days since I bought it. I hate the game, it sucks, and i just didn't have time to take it back within the 7 days they allow, anyone know anyway to get around this stupid return policy, I don't want cash, I just want a different game.. Any help would be appreciated

I recently bought a used game from Gamestop and it has been past 7 days since I bought it. I hate the game, it sucks, and i just didn't have time to take it back within the 7 days they allow, anyone know anyway to get around this stupid return policy, I don't want cash, I just want a different game.. Any help would be appreciated

I fail to see how the policy is stupid, especially given that on a new game you can't return it for a full refund once you open it.

Now then if you are only 8 or 9 days away from the original purchase you could talk to a manager and explain the situation. There is a decent shot they may be able to help you out. If it has been much longer, let's say 20 days you can give it a try but I don't think they are going to go for it. Within 30 days there should be a warranty but that would only replace the game if it does not work.

A day or two after and you should be able to get them to give you credit for what you paid for it. Anything after that, good luck.

Yeah, not sure I understand how the policy is stupid. Its the same policy no matter what place you shop at as far as digital content. Once you open it, you can only exchange it for the same exact game or movie. There are many reasons to hate on Gamestop, but this is a policy every place has, even Wal Mart.

A day or two after and you should be able to get them to give you credit for what you paid for it. Anything after that, good luck.

Even if it is 5 minutes after purchase, once you open it (video game, movies, etc.) you will only be able to exchange it for the same game and only if there is damage or something to it.

Bear -

Gamestop allows you return used games within 7 days for a refund. (or at least they did)

However, the OP is past the 7 days.

Even if it is 5 minutes after purchase, once you open it (video game, movies, etc.) you will only be able to exchange it for the same game and only if there is damage or something to it.

USED game, not new. It's already opened. I though Navy guys were smarter :p

USED game, not new. It's already opened. I though Navy guys were smarter :p

Ahhhh....I missed that part derp. With that said, still don't see the issue with their policy. It's outside the 7 day return window, not really a way to get around that.

My GameStop is pretty lenient about that stuff if it's only a day or two past the 7 days. Regardless, they would probably at least give you a gift card of the game's amount or let you do an exchange for something else.

How long after the 7 days we talking? If it's been less than 2 weeks they might let you trade for another game, but after that you're probably out of luck.

VN Store

Back