Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4, Xbox One) out now!

Brave Volunteer

Surprised a thread has not be made for this one yet! It looks amazing! I will probably pick this one up since I never played it on PS3!

FYI, PS4 version runs at 60fps! Xbox version 30fps!

Check out this footage from the PS4 version! :rock:

http://streams.minoto-video.com/id/992kbBhtPmj7_oq.mp4

http://streams.minoto-video.com/id/N7Kk3fCcNu2X_oq.mp4

image_tomb_raider_definitive_edition-24087-2857_0018.jpg

image_tomb_raider_definitive_edition-24087-2857_0036.jpg

image_tomb_raider_definitive_edition-24087-2857_0035.jpg

image_tomb_raider_definitive_edition-24087-2857_0027.jpg

TR was a great game. I can't see paying full price for some updated graphics. I got it for $5 on PC awhile back and it impressed me. I would think this is $39.99 or $49.99 within a month.

I really want to play this, but I think I will wait until the price drops.... Hard to pay £48 for something which is £20 on PS3.

I'll wait until the price drops. I never got it for PS3

Playing it right now. Good game. I'm an old school Tomb Raider-er and I can definitely say the only thing "Tomb Raider" about this game is Lara Croft.

They've basically gone the same route the Resident Evil's went. Took a lot of the mystery and puzzle solving and quiet tenseness and replaced it with "push square now" "push triangle now" and fast chases and explosions. There's nothing really challenging about the game. It's flashy and intense and fast paced and there's very little thinking involved.

Again not knocking the game, it's fun, but it's not Tomb Raider.

Yeah overall it was decent but I'm kind of pissed I paid $60 for all 8 hours of this Tomb Raider game

Last edited:
I just picked this up for PS4 a couple of days ago and I gotta say, this game is great! I never played this last generation so I didn't realize just how good the game is but it has really surprised me. There are elements of Tomb Raider that I think are better than Uncharted. I don't think the writing is quite as good as Uncharted and the supporting characters aren't as interesting. However some of the gameplay mechanics are definitely a step up from what the Uncharted series has offered. Graphically it's beautiful and the 60fps frame rate (30fps on Xbone) is a welcome edition to the Special Edition. In spite of this being a souped up version of a last gen title, it actually feels next gen to me. Tomb Raider is definitely an "A+" experience. If you've never played it and you own a PS4 or Xbone, don't even hesistate! It's a great addition to your next gen library.

I Gamefly'd it and got it in the other day. Its ok IMO, I would have been upset it I had dropped 40 bucks on it for a purchase though. But to be fair, most of my dislike for the game is the same as uncharted.... QTEs

I Gamefly'd it and got it in the other day. Its ok IMO, I would have been upset it I had dropped 40 bucks on it for a purchase though. But to be fair, most of my dislike for the game is the same as uncharted.... QTEs

QTEs?

Seriously? How can you not like this game? Sure there's some QTE's but it's not a lot. There's also quite a bit of real time weapon and hand to hand combat in the game. The cinematic presentation is very well done as well. Graphically the world that you play in is very "alive" with the smoke, debris, water, animated foliage, etc. It has pretty good puzzle solving elements, weapon and skill upgrades, etc.

If you can't like this game then you must not be a fan of the 3rd person action/adventure genre as a whole.

I played it on PS3 and enjoyed it, but there is no replay value once you beat it IMO.

Seriously? How can you not like this game? Sure there's some QTE's but it's not a lot. There's also quite a bit of real time weapon and hand to hand combat in the game. The cinematic presentation is very well done as well. Graphically the world that you play in is very "alive" with the smoke, debris, water, animated foliage, etc. It has pretty good puzzle solving elements, weapon and skill upgrades, etc.

If you can't like this game then you must not be a fan of the 3rd person action/adventure genre as a whole.

Slow down there skippy, I am a fan of the 3rd person action/adventure genre, this particular game just doesnt do it for me. I think the story is poorly written and it just hasnt captured me like it could. Im just not a fan of the game and just giving my opinion.

Man this is a tough room LOL. I go to serveral gaming forums this is the only one I've seen where some have the "meh" attitude towards the new Tomb Raider. I'm really surprised.

Man this is a tough room LOL. I go to serveral gaming forums this is the only one I've seen where some have the "meh" attitude towards the new Tomb Raider. I'm really surprised.

I think that you are taking this wayyyy too personal. Its completely ok for people to have a different opinion on things, including this.

I have not played the PS4 version (which looks great), only the PS3. I said I liked the game but after the story there is nothing to do. Its not like Skyrim or another game where I can sit a ton of hours into. Never said it was a bad game, just not worth playing again just for the graphics.

VN Store

Back