Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Anyone else played it?

I'm 10% into the game and as of right now it's shaping up to possibly be my favorite of the franchise. Which is a huge bounce back from AC3 since IMO it was the worst of the franchise.

I love this game but Uplay is ruining it for me at the moment. I can't access the fleet feature at all.

Make sure you dont have over 100 friends or the game wont connect to ubisoft

I have like 10 friends on PSN because the 360 was my main console last gen. My problem is that the passport, no matter how many times I enter the code to activate it, always says that there's no new content unlocked, and when I try to do something like access the fleet, it tells me to enter the passport code again.

I'm planning on getting it on Xbox One when there's a price drop. AC3 just left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm planning on getting it on Xbox One when there's a price drop. AC3 just left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Same here on AC3 but I promise you this one will redeem it.

Boarding an enemy ship you just defeated and slaughtering their crew and having them surrender is one of the most satisfying things you'll ever do in a video game.

AC3 was like Forrest Gump: The Video Game. Full of set pieces and wasted potential. I was in stitches every time they implied that Connor won the Revolutionary War by himself.

AC3 was like Forrest Gump: The Video Game. Full of set pieces and wasted potential. I was in stitches every time they implied that Connor won the Revolutionary War by himself.

Part of the problem is Connor was a terrible protagonist; he was a big whiny kid. Going from a likeable guy like Ezio to him was horrible. He had an even worse personality than Altair, who I thought was kind of a jerk.

Just picked it up for PS4 but haven't played it yet. I'm trying to finish Knack and then go back and get all the trophies/hidden gems.

Part of the problem is Connor was a terrible protagonist; he was a big whiny kid. Going from a likeable guy like Ezio to him was horrible. He had an even worse personality than Altair, who I thought was kind of a jerk.

His personality fits with his background IMO but yeah, he was pretty dull, although pretty much the whole game was. Edward is much more like Ezio.

His personality fits with his background IMO but yeah, he was pretty dull, although pretty much the whole game was. Edward is much more like Ezio.

I also thought the game was the buggiest of the series. AC has been famous for glitches, but I generally didn't see too many in the previous 4 games. However in AC3 I would see 2 or 3 each session I played.

My favorite was one mission I was going through one of the more remote towns and a horse drawn wagon went right through me in the street, then proceeded to turn left into a house. It then just kept making a big circle over and over, disappearing into the house then reappearing, but it wouldn't go through everything. If someone was walking by the house at the time it reappeared it would sometimes knock over the person walking and twice it knocked them way across the street.

Finished today. I would rank it in the top tier along with AC2 and Brotherhood. And the first ending that didn't elicit an audible "what the ****?".

Well it only took me half the game to realize I need to board other ships so I can update the jackdaw. Can't believe it took me that long to figure it out.

Finished today. I would rank it in the top tier along with AC2 and Brotherhood. And the first ending that didn't elicit an audible "what the ****?".

Damn. Those WTF endings are the best part.

I loved the ending of the first one. I think I've only finished one other. I'll be finishing this one, though.

Somebody help me figure this **** out! I want to do Kenway's fleet, but can't figure out this Uplay passport BS.

Is the uplay code the one inside the left cover of the case? I put that in, and all it gave me was the chick's bonus singleplayer, which I doubt I will ever play. It still says I need to redeem a code for uplay passport, but there aren't any other codes with the game! I set up a uplay account. I think there was a connection error the first time I put in the code. Is that the right code? If so, I'll put it in again next time I play.

Some of the missions are tedious as hell. I failed the one where you have to creep through a marsh at night with the jackdaw about 20 times. Haven't played it since

Some of the missions are tedious as hell. I failed the one where you have to creep through a marsh at night with the jackdaw about 20 times. Haven't played it since

That one wasn't that hard, and had a bit of an epic finish free-running through explosions and such in the rain. But it was glitchy for me.

For one, you have to stay out of the yellow circle of sight for the boat you're tailing, and then it stops and you're given no further instruction. Turns out you're supposed to just run right up on it, but I was hesitant, because you have to enter the circle of visibility.

I just did that one last night. Which part were you hung up on? Tailing in the boat or once you reach land?

And I finally figured out the damn passport. You have to click "buy passport," since it's free. And then it downloads. It threw me for a loop, because I thought the code included was for the passport. Apparently once they made passports free at a late stage of development, it was too late to fix the coding in the game, so it's still treating it like a paid passport with an included code.

My fleet is dominating and I'm well on my way to beating all the missions. I've got a few Man o' Wars out and about and a fleet full of frigates and a few schooners for battles. I just need to start scuttling some more ships so I can afford to buy my last few docks. The mini game is fun, and could wind up being very fruitful.

What do you unlock for beating all the Kenway's fleet missions? Besides access to nearly unlimited Reales, of course.

That one wasn't that hard, and had a bit of an epic finish free-running through explosions and such in the rain. But it was glitchy for me.

For one, you have to stay out of the yellow circle of sight for the boat you're tailing, and then it stops and you're given no further instruction. Turns out you're supposed to just run right up on it, but I was hesitant, because you have to enter the circle of visibility.

I just did that one last night. Which part were you hung up on? Tailing in the boat or once you reach land?

Got to the part when you leave the boat but kept getting spotted and/or croc raped

And I finally figured out the damn passport. You have to click "buy passport," since it's free. And then it downloads. It threw me for a loop, because I thought the code included was for the passport. Apparently once they made passports free at a late stage of development, it was too late to fix the coding in the game, so it's still treating it like a paid passport with an included code.

My fleet is dominating and I'm well on my way to beating all the missions. I've got a few Man o' Wars out and about and a fleet full of frigates and a few schooners for battles. I just need to start scuttling some more ships so I can afford to buy my last few docks. The mini game is fun, and could wind up being very fruitful.

What do you unlock for beating all the Kenway's fleet missions? Besides access to nearly unlimited Reales, of course.

What mini-game? You mean just the concept of sending out ships on missions, or is there more to it? I just started messing with the fleet is why I'm asking

VN Store

Back