Project C.A.R.S.

wow that is nice looking. i really like the huge variety in cars, even looked like some 80s era NASCAR cars. if it's not insanely difficult to drive the cars it looks like it could be a lot of fun

wow that is nice looking. i really like the huge variety in cars, even looked like some 80s era NASCAR cars. if it's not insanely difficult to drive the cars it looks like it could be a lot of fun

That's my hope. I also hope it has a great selection of road cars, but yeah, old Stock Cars, and F1 machines is awesome.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one! It seems like it's been in development forever! Here's a newer off camera video of it running maxed out on PC. Will be interesting to see how the next gen console versions compare.

I really hope Project CARS turns out to be amazing. I'm ready to move on from Gran Turismo if Polyphony is unwilling to change and adapt their game to having some of the features that more modern racing franchses are including. I hate saying that, being such a fan of the series since the original but I am "fatigued" by GT because of just how little it's actually evolved over the years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm432PjbQ4k[/youtube]

Last edited:
2 new videos!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws4HQ99gtks[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8I-jpOaWg[/youtube]

Dont know what half of those cars were, but it is looking like a great game. It will all come down to how the cars and physics feel and how realistic the damage is for me.

I'm just ready to move on past Gran Turismo! Polyphony's stubborness to evolve the series past where it currently is pisses me off! Maybe they will prove me wrong with GT7 but until that day comes, I'm really rooting for titles like Project CARS and Drive Club to be great games.

I'm just ready to move on past Gran Turismo! Polyphony's stubborness to evolve the series past where it currently is pisses me off! Maybe they will prove me wrong with GT7 but until that day comes, I'm really rooting for titles like Project CARS and Drive Club to be great games.

GT5 and 6 were complete piles of garbage IMO. Its a shame because on the PS1 and 2, the GT series was the best racer out there.

GT5 and 6 were complete piles of garbage IMO. Its a shame because on the PS1 and 2, the GT series was the best racer out there.

I'm just so sick of the tedious nature in which Polyphony makes you unlock everything. It forces you to invest way too much time in the game and frankly it's time I no longer have. Also the fact that after 6 versions of this series, Polyphony still hasn't implemented a meaningful damage system. They still haven't allowed users to have customization of the cars they own, the opponent AI is still crap, and the unbalanced nature of having less detailed "standard" cars and insanely detailed "premium cars" just makes the whole thing seem unfinished. Who gives a damn about having 1200 cars to choose from when some aren't as well developed as others? Give me 200 premium cars, all TRULY different from one another, and I would be happy. 1200 cars is entirely overkill and shows that Polyphony's allocating their resources in all the wrong places!

I'm just so sick of the tedious nature in which Polyphony makes you unlock everything. It forces you to invest way too much time in the game and frankly it's time I no longer have. Also the fact that after 6 versions of this series, Polyphony still hasn't implemented a meaningful damage system. They still haven't allowed users to have customization of the cars they own, the opponent AI is still crap, and the unbalanced nature of having less detailed "standard" cars and insanely detailed "premium cars" just makes the whole thing seem unfinished. Who gives a damn about having 1200 cars to choose from when some aren't as well developed as others? Give me 200 premium cars, all TRULY different from one another, and I would be happy. 1200 cars is entirely overkill and shows that Polyphony's allocating their resources in all the wrong places!

I thought you liked GT5??? Ive always thought it was crap and it seems as thought they have brought the crap to the newer GT6. I still have the belief that if Forza was availible on the PS, GT would wither away and die.

I am just hoping that Drive Club and Project CARS delivers because its the only option that we PS users have as far as racers and given the recent failures of GT5 and 6, nothing makes me optimistic about a GT7.

All true, I actually love GT6 in spite of all that BS. I think some of it is nostalgia, and the other part is I didn't wait for 5+ years for GT6.

That's odd. I love GT6, probably the most enjoyable GT game for me since GT2.

Ive only played it a limited amount and maybe my judgement of it is based on my love of most of the Forza series. The limited damage system and just the feel of the physics....or lack of....is what kills it for me. Again, JMO

I thought you liked GT5??? Ive always thought it was crap and it seems as thought they have brought the crap to the newer GT6. I still have the belief that if Forza was availible on the PS, GT would wither away and die.

I am just hoping that Drive Club and Project CARS delivers because its the only option that we PS users have as far as racers and given the recent failures of GT5 and 6, nothing makes me optimistic about a GT7.

Once Polyphony released all the updates to fix GT5, it became pretty good but considering how long it was in development it never lived up to its hype IMO.

I think Polyphony is in real danger of making Gran Turismo a dinosaur. They are so preoccupied with their love for the cars themselves, they tend to forget that GT still has to be an enjoyable video game. They can call it a "driving simulator" all they want but most people want racing games. It really just comes down to misallocation of resources. Personally I would GLADLY take fewer vehicles with slightly less detail if it meant having a better damage system, better opponent AI, better trackside detail, better shadow detail, etc. Some of those premium cars are made up of 500,000 polygons! That's insane! Forza's cars aren't made up of anywhere near that and to my eyes they don't look any less detailed. Even Drive Club, a next generation game, the cars are only made up of 250,000 polygons. Just like boasting that you have a 1200 car selection, things like that are complete overkill and not necessary.

Last edited:
Ive only played it a limited amount and maybe my judgement of it is based on my love of most of the Forza series. The limited damage system and just the feel of the physics....or lack of....is what kills it for me. Again, JMO

Well that's the thing. I was a huge fanboy of the GT series until I first played Forza 2. Then I jumped ship hardcore. Also in the timespan between GT4 and GT5, Turn 10 was able to release Forza, Forza 2, AND Forza 3, each of superior quality to next and to GT. I haven't gotten a chance to play much Forza 5 yet.

The Physics system in GT6 is really good and better than GT5. It is more difficult than the handling in Forza 4 and likely 5, so the learning curve is sharper and harsher. In Forza 4 you can very easily control an oversteer event at high speeds, but in Gran Turismo keeping the car off the wall is extremely difficult to do when the rear of the car steps out. I would say that a real car would be in the middle of the two.

But yeah, GT6 has all the old problems:

Mediocre AI

Standard and Premium cars

22 versions of the NSX (many with no discernible difference between them)

34 Miatas

A new issue is there is no such thing as a "Used Car" anymore where older models have depreciated in value and you don't have to spend as much to acquire. So now every car is expensive.

Engines sound bad

34 Miatas.

In spite of all this the game is a hoot!

If they could release a GT2 with next gen graphics and updated damage and physics, it would be pure awesomeness

If they could release a GT2 with next gen graphics and updated damage and physics, it would be pure awesomeness

I still think GT3: A-Spec is the best in the series.

Also I totally forgot about the engine sounds. Thanks for reminding me of that one Nerd-Vol.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want Polyphony to prove me wrong and I hope GT7 comes out and blows us all away. However I'm just not very optimistic.

I still think GT3: A-Spec is the best in the series.

Also I totally forgot about the engine sounds. Thanks for reminding me of that one Nerd-Vol.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want Polyphony to prove me wrong and I hope GT7 comes out and blows us all away. However I'm just not very optimistic.

They won't. GT5 sold very well and I am sure GT6 will sell just fine. No real motivation to move forward.

I really really really hope the GPS course maker does come to fruition.

VN Store

Back