Infamous: Second Son (PS4)

Brave Volunteer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tHSeyPl--Fw[/youtube]

So what’s new? I mean, what have you been up to? Cool. Us? Not much. Just a new character, new city, new powers, and all designed especially for the new PlayStation 4.

I hope you’re excited – because we really are! Actually, for us it’s probably one part excitement and one part pure terror, but that’s just the way of things I guess… But here we are at last to break the months of silence:

Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… Smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of theengers he pulled from the wreckage?

Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – And decides he’s not going to go quietly.

Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?

We’ll be back in the coming weeks with more details, but until then you’ll find us at @suckerpunchprod, #SecondSon, and http://www.facebook.com/infamous.

ibexwDjeZFba8d.jpeg

ibsKH1FQkhxOFf.jpeg

iO54GfiPykn3o.jpeg

in3IecGdcsWen.jpeg

ipvlSOKx0gO2l.jpeg

iqOrRA6t0BXU7.jpeg

Not saying the games are bad, but I was never a fan of them. The whole scifi-ish genre is not appealing to me. Including MS and their babies... Halo and Mass Effect.

Looks unbelievable. Just preorder my ps4- didn't have second son bundle, or I didn't see it. But I get killzone4 with it and two controllers. Nice bundle deals going on for preorders.

But I will be getting this one as well.
The Order game looks good too

Looks unbelievable. Just preorder my ps4- didn't have second son bundle, or I didn't see it. But I get killzone4 with it and two controllers. Nice bundle deals going on for preorders.

But I will be getting this one as well.
The Order game looks good too

I don't think this has been confirmed as a launch title. I think this one is Q1 2014, which is fine with me! I had a hard enough time deciding which games to get for launch! In the end I pre ordered Killzone and Knack, plus with the PS Plus subscription I'll also have Drive Club Plus Edition free to download day 1 as well! I'm also thinking about picking up Battlefield 4. Hadn't planned on it initially but the E3 video just looked too stunning! All this will be more than enough to keep me busy until Infamous comes out!

Live demo playthrough..........looks incredible

[youtube]http://youtube/slpn98DnLhs[/youtube]

Last edited:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sPXz-DAPjsY[/youtube]

Yeah the destructible environments look fantastic! Very much looking forward to this game!

This is a must have for me whenever I decide to get a ps4 for myself.........waiting on the show

The game looks ACE! I cannot wait to play this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=04Bi72v46sE[/youtube]

Preordered mine yesterday. I've never played an infamous game.

If you have a PS3, you really should get the first two. They sell a double pack of the first 2 for $30 at GameStop plus it comes with the standalone DLC Festival of Blood.

Reactions: 1 person
If you have a PS3, you really should get the first two. They sell a double pack of the first 2 for $30 at GameStop plus it comes with the standalone DLC Festival of Blood.

Infamous 2 was free for PS Plus subscribers at one point, though that may have expired already. The "Festival of Blood" DLC was awesome!

VN Store

Back