Madden 25

With the new running combos, I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for this ish.

If I want to play streetfighter, I'll put streetfighter in.

Madden 25 features ball-carrier combos, engine improvements | Joystiq

xmadden-25-combos-1366921746.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gKe39va8ql.jpg

Last years madden was fairly decent and had a good amount of new features especially with the physics engine. Therefore this madden and the next few maddens will be underperforming money grabbers of a game.

I have no faith in EA as a company. And the trailer was anything but spectacular. It looks the same as all other madden trailers

Loved 13, but I think I will pass this year and start back again with the next gen versions of the game. Hopefully they will not go through the same barebones installments like they did early with the current gen

With the new running combos, I'm starting to think I'm getting too old for this ish.

If I want to play streetfighter, I'll put streetfighter in.

Madden 25 features ball-carrier combos, engine improvements | Joystiq

xmadden-25-combos-1366921746.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gKe39va8ql.jpg

This stuff is literally straight out of FIFA. As a longtime fan of that series, let me assure you, striving to make your game like FIFA is a fantastic thing. You'll still be able to play without mastering all the combos, but it will certainly help to differentiate the most skilled players from the lesser ones.

This stuff is literally straight out of FIFA. As a longtime fan of that series, let me assure you, striving to make your game like FIFA is a fantastic thing. You'll still be able to play without mastering all the combos, but it will certainly help to differentiate the most skilled players from the lesser ones.

My main issue is will the defense be worse with the implementation of the new running combs?

My main issue is will the defense be worse with the implementation of the new running combs?

Tough to say. A super skilled player on FIFA who knows a good portion of the combos can easily make an defender look horribly foolish one on one, particularly if you are over-aggressive in trying to steal the ball. However, there are at least 50 skill combos in that game, many of which have several variations, and the tougher ones take a ton of precision both on the sticks and in timing, so people who can execute the full arsenal of skill moves are few and very far between. Add in the fact that there are only a handful of players on the game with the ability to perform the 5-star skills, and they really aren't that big of an issue. From the looks of this, it's just three different moves on Madden, and just like in FIFA, you might be able to beat one defender with a spin or juke, but there are 10 other guys on the field to make up for it.

From OS..................we shall see if it actually works as advertised. I will say the '13 was my favorite Madden in years and even with some of the quirky things with Infinity, having some sort of physics based animations in a football game was a great step.
The Force Impact system is pretty sweet and uses the size of a player, the weight of a player, and the impact of the collision to produce realistic outcomes. What this means is that big backs will feel like bigger players when going against small DBs in the open field. I know that this all sounds good and I agree because in the build that we played in February didn’t have the Force Impact System. We saw a cool video about it but until I get my hands on Madden 25 again with it in there, no use in me talking about it but to explain what the developers told us and explain what they are trying to accomplish.

One of the more subtle things you’ll notice about the new Infinity Engine is something that EA calls “contextual awareness”. Contextual Awareness is not only evident when guys are getting up after the play but when a guy hurdles over someone, he may put his hand on the player’s shoulder or when a player spins, you may see his hand feel for the defender. With this players are also a lot more solid so that when you run into your own player you won’t just fall down.

Wurd on da street iz dat EA has had the next gen dev kit from M$ since early 2011 and its speculated that there will be a next gen release of M25...............none of which has been confirmed

That would be pretty bad ass. I wonder what the EA/Microsoft content partnership will include

Here is a hard copy of the List by SimFballcritic....

1. 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
2. 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
3. 6 new "Reach Blocks."
4. 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
5. new zone step blocking interaction animations.
6. new lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
7. 30 new blocking schemes.
8. all new pass blocking locomotion.
9. all new open field targeting system.
10. completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.

Here is a hard copy of the List by SimFballcritic....

1. 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
2. 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
3. 6 new "Reach Blocks."
4. 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
5. new zone step blocking interaction animations.
6. new lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
7. 30 new blocking schemes.
8. all new pass blocking locomotion.
9. all new open field targeting system.
10. completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.

They talked about improved blocking and D-line play last year. It still sucked. Will have to see it to believe it.

From OS

Amazon will have an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.

What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).

You also get this...

exclusive content for Madden Ultimate Team, the series' popular digital trading card mode. Anniversary Edition buyers will receive 17 special Ultimate Team packs of cards, one for every week of the 2013 NFL season, with each pack containing two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

Curious to see what hiring different assitant coaches will do for your team. Wonder if playbooks and/or schemes would follow those coaches instead of a simple +- 4 HB Speed

Madden NFL 25 Owner Mode - Madden NFL 25 News | EA SPORTS

Also:

You can import draft class from NCAA
Full 32 team control
New comissioner tools
League Transaction log

from Steve @ OS

I love how they try to pass Owner Mode off as "innovation" as if people who have been playing this series for a while didnt remember it from the later versions of this game on PS2. It'll be pretty neat, but its hardly a new feature, just something that was taken out nearly a decade ago and is just now making it back in.

I love how they try to pass Owner Mode off as "innovation" as if people who have been playing this series for a while didnt remember it from the later versions of this game on PS2. It'll be pretty neat, but its hardly a new feature, just something that was taken out nearly a decade ago and is just now making it back in.

Exactly, take stuff out then put it back in. They act like this is all new!

With the announcements of Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise and Owner Mode, there were quite a few articles written around the web today. Below are some that were found. If you find any, please add it in the comments and we'll add it here. Some of the writers, which include Game Changers are scattered through this thread answering questions.
"Some players may be more valuable to you simply because they sell merchandise, despite their talent on the field" - Kotaku

Incidentally, if you play as the San Francisco 49ers, your first season will be in venerable Candlestick Park, and then you will move to the newly christened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., meaning that venue will debut in Madden NFL 25 a year before it will in real life.

From OS, tons of great info here. I may still wait til the next-gen releases to get M25, but its great that they are bringing back owner mode

Last edited:

VN Store

Back