Dayz

they are making a standalone DayZ that is supposed to release this month. i would wait for that to come out

its pretty realistic when it comes to the survival part.. u gotta eat/drink to survive and stay warm or you can get sick. you can hunt animals and cook the meat to regain lost blood, use bandages to stop bleeding, antibiotics to cure sickness and infections.

you play on servers with up to 50 other players that can and will kill you and take your stuff, so its best not to trust anyone unless you know them. theres so much depth in this game its unreal..

Just watched this video during lunch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxdHnbci1cg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

wish I had a PC that would run this

I've been researching this game and arma 3. I'll be building a new computer for this game and arma 3 if the guys ever get out of prison.

I may go ahead and get the current game. Dude seems to be having a mental meltdown over the game. Seems overwhelmed with the fan/media attention he is getting over the game. Even if it does release early next year, the price seems to be set at only $15 for the stand-alone.

I know I have been very quiet lately. So this will be really all I'll say for the moment.
I've been pretty depressed about the whole situation. From a personal standpoint, this whole "saga" of the development made me seriously question if I wanted to be involved in the industry and I gave serious thought to cutting my losses and not being involved in the project.
At my Army Discharge medical this week, they noted I now have high blood pressure. Some things in life just aren't worth worrying about.
I've been getting hammered a massive amount with requests for information about DayZ release, interviews and my reactions to this and stuff and such - but for my own sanity I retreated and have kept to myself. Right now I'm just at home doing bits and pieces on the DayZ development. The rest of the DayZ team is doing the same.
I realize that I went back on my word about releasing an update, but went back into my shell for a bit last week, and I'll come out when the dust is all settled.

they will probally have arma 2 combined operations on sale if you use steam. the winter sale is rumored to start today. if you wanna some good dayz videos, check out FRANKIEonPCin1080p youtube channel.. he has an awesome DayZ series

Last edited:
I have watched some of his and RedReloadedHD. Mods seems to be amazing. It seems to be a Red Dead Redemption (player models and environment) meets MMORPG meets Fallout. Plus it is a genre I like.

I like MMORPG but the fantasy world that normally comes with them doesn't do much for me.

Small things that I noticed, that I like... You must find certain guns, maps, GPS, parts for cars/trucks. With that said, if you get taken out you lose everything and start over with bare minimum. Of course you can go back after the person that killed you...

I bought and played War-Z. Same concepts but the designers are garbage. This game looks to have much better leadership and development. After I finish all my Christmas shopping this weekend, I may be looking to buy this one.

I bought and played War-Z. Same concepts but the designers are garbage. This game looks to have much better leadership and development. After I finish all my Christmas shopping this weekend, I may be looking to buy this one.

yea i bought it when it went on sale in october and played for a couple weeks and got a refund.. the game is terrible and the developers seem real sketchy and are just trying to cash in on the success of dayz.. dayz is by far the game to play if you want a zombie survival game.

Small things that I noticed, that I like... You must find certain guns, maps, GPS, parts for cars/trucks. With that said, if you get taken out you lose everything and start over with bare minimum. Of course you can go back after the person that killed you...

yup theres all kinds of stuff and its a reall deep and immersive game.. u can find and repair helicopters, biplanes and all kinds of different vehicles. theyre sometimes rare but it makes the game better

Steam took it out of the store. Complete abortion of a game.

I might cave and buy this. Any tips to a beginner?

I'll post some if/when registered

Last edited:
i would say stay low and crouch walk, dont run when moving around because zombies are attracted by sight and sound. dont rush straight into towns, lay back and scope them out..snipers will camp the bigger cities and shoot anybody they see. having a headset to communicate with players in game helps alot too. game has a learning curve to it, it doesnt play like call of duty or other fps.

VN Store

Back