Resident Evil 6

TSwafford

the logo was leaked today and its expected to be revealed sometime today by a viral website. im a huge RE fan and hopefully its better than the disappointing last game.
397921_10150513435581633_59685491632_9033801_154000767_n.jpg

and heres the site NoHopeLeft.com | There's No Hope Left

Last edited:
trailer!! and zombies!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4&list=PL4D3EC66BC0B06F27&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
The last game was good, but far from what Resident Evil used to be. It would be great to see this game go back to it's actual survival horror roots.

Man, I about geeked out when I saw zombies. It looks like 6 is going to be a mix of the classic RE games (i.e. zombies) and the newer games. Which I'm fine with.

What's the newer ones like

The newer ones, i.e. RE4 and RE5, are from a third person perspective and is more action than the classic games. From a gameplay perspective, the controls are better than the "tank controls" of the classic, but the classics were better survival horror games. They also changed the storyline with 4 and 5 by taking out the zombies and making new enemies infected with a parasite called Las Plagas. It makes them act more like brainwashed people than zombies.

Capcom released RE4 in HD on XBL and PSN a few months back.. its def worth getting if you have never played the newer ones. great game

RE2 has to be my favorite, followed closely by the REmake on GameCube, and then RE4.

My least favorite of the main games is probably RE 0. My least favorite overall is RE Gaiden on the Game Boy Color.

New trailer out today:

Resident Evil 6 - Captivate Trailer - YouTube

So apparently the new mystery guy is "Wesker Jr", Sherry from RE2 finally returns, and it looks like we get a nice Chris/Leon fight. I like them finally showing what happened to Sherry but geez are we ever going to hear from Rebecca and Barry from RE again? They're pretty much the only characters left not to appear in a later game.

Yep, from what I heard it's actually a part of the gameplay; probably a "They Live" type brawl. Apparently they fight over the woman who supposedly started the outbreak.

well we know who is gonna win that.. Leon is a boss haha.. also love that they pushed the release date over a month earlier at the end.. good move by capcom to get away from the other huge releases in november

The last RE I played was a "follow the path" type gameplay in the classic shooter type style. Where you only have a single path to follow and it pushes you there.

Totally different from the old-style open map style with solving puzzles. I will wait to see if it plays like the old ones. I don't even think I will accept a hybrid style.

It's definitely in the 3rd person style that was started by RE4.

Right now I'm playing through RE Revelations on the 3DS. Not bad for a portable game.

I hope its way better than 5. 5 hurt me emotionally. I love Resident Evil. The classics. and yes even 4(one of the best games ever, even though a lot of RE fans cry and hate it.) 6 better be awesome.

i know the series is probally never gonna go back to its original roots but i would be more than happy if its anything like RE4

I didn't hate RE5, I just thought it was kinda lazy. It basically seemed like an HD expansion to RE4. The best parts to me were the nods to the old style games, like when you had to fight the lickers and the DLC Lost in Nightmares. I thought LIN was pretty good and as close to old school RE as they've gotten in years. And for such a high profile character in Wesker, they really made his demise lame.

I think RE6 already looks much better, and the inclusion of zombies gives me hope at least part of it goes back to its horror roots. At e3 they purposely only showed action scenes and assured horror is in the game. I guess we'lll see in 4 months.

VN Store

Back