PlayStation Vita

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
I realize that handheld gamers on here for the most part seem few and far between, but still thought this thread worthy for the few that are interested, especially for those who have owned a PSP.

Exact release date still yet to be revealed.

0607-playstation-vita_full_600.png

It's Official- PlayStation Vita is Here! - YouTube

PS Vita Release: Sony Playstation Vita Release Date, Price and Games

There's some cool ideas behind the Vita like the back touch pad and the ability to switch between the Vita and PS3 mid-game (I wonder if all games will support this), but I've been out of the handheld gaming business for a while. I hope it does well.

quit making handhelds i get tired of buying this crap for my kids

Smart phones have all but eliminated the need for a stand alone handheld gaming device as far as Im concerned. Sorry Sony.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i've had a psp for years and barely played it. my daughter played little big planet for a while when i got the free download but between both of us, we play her dsi more than the psp.

While the technology is great, I think it will be a flop. As Brave said, smartphones and pads are taking over the mobile gaming market. Nobody will want to throw down 300 for this. The PSP line was already getting beat by the DS line, and the 3DS is already stumbling out of the gate. With the 3DS already slipping I'd say that's a very bad sign for the Vita.

I have a PSP and love it. So I will probably be getting this, if not just for the FFX HD port and Agito.

My opinion is the same as back in August. I had a PSP and in all I played about 12 games for it; but the best games like Silent Hill Origins, the 2 God of War games, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker all were ported to the PS2/PS3. So I'm not going to throw down a lot of money for a system where most of the best games will likely be ported to the PS3/PS4.

its worth the $$ imo. when the show gets here, it will be worth even more.

How does the 3G work? Is it a pay-as-you-go type thing? I sold one last night at work and I figured our Mobile guy would have to set him up a plan and everything. But it just rang up and dude paid and left.

Hard to believe that they many people will end up buying the 3g units. I've heard they put a cap on how much data you can use with it, which is absurd considering it's a gaming device that will naturally eat through data like nothing else.

How does the 3G work? Is it a pay-as-you-go type thing? I sold one last night at work and I figured our Mobile guy would have to set him up a plan and everything. But it just rang up and dude paid and left.

Ended up taking the 3g model back. Didn't really see the need for me to have 3g capability. But the prices for data usage is terrible. You have to buy the data usage before you use it and you got a free card for some usage when you bought it

Hard to believe that they many people will end up buying the 3g units. I've heard they put a cap on how much data you can use with it, which is absurd considering it's a gaming device that will naturally eat through data like nothing else.

They dont put a cap on it, you can but as much data as you want, but it is ridiculous

They dont put a cap on it, you can but as much data as you want, but it is ridiculous

I didn't know for sure about the data cap. I had just heard that from someone else. Even still, don't really see the need for the 3g anyway with the number of wifi hotspots that there are today.

I didn't know for sure about the data cap. I had just heard that from someone else. Even still, don't really see the need for the 3g anyway with the number of wifi hotspots that there are today.

AT&T has a vita plan 30 a month for 3 gigs a month

I love my PSP and use it all the time on long journey's therefore I will be upgrading to a Vita at some point this year hopefully. I just really hope they release MLB the show over here (they wont)... Is the Vita region free? Could I emport MLB and use it on a UK vita?

I played the Uncharted demo on the Vita at Bestbuy yesterday, and I am highly impressed. The graphics were awesome. I might have to pick this up.

If i had the money, I would buy one. I have a psp and use it all the time.

If you use the psp all the time, you would absolutely love the vita. If you didnt play the psp that much, you wont really get your money's worth out of the vita....imo

VN Store

Back