Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TSwafford

Bethesda just announced it during the VGAs on Spike TV.. this is greatest gaming news in years.. im a huge Elder Scrolls fan and im glad to see theyre not making another Fallout as their next game.

release date is 11/11/11 :)

Reactions: 1 person
Please no NPC level progressing this time on the vanilla version

Didn't expect a new Elder Scrolls this generation, pretty damn good news though. Hopefully it's more like Morrowind though.

I am ridiculously excited for this. The funny thing is, I was looking to play a game yesterday evening. After thinking for awhile, I decided to play Oblivion, as I hadn't played it in a couple of years. I installed it, went online to download the patches, and saw that Skyrim had been announced less than 20 hours before. It was pretty mindblowing, since The Elder Scrolls has been my favorite series since Daggerfall.

Apparently the game will be using a new engine. No Gamebryo here. Bring on E3 so I can see some gameplay.

Apparently the game will be using a new engine. No Gamebryo here. Bring on E3 so I can see some gameplay.

yea i cant wait to see some footage of it.. gamebryo is starting to look turrible and im hoping they use the ID Tech 5 game engine

yea i cant wait to see some footage of it.. gamebryo is starting to look turrible and im hoping they use the ID Tech 5 game engine
Development on this game started almost three years ago. Zenimax only acquired ID a year and a half ago. Don't see it happening.

I'm so excited about this game. I just started playing oblivion again last week. Then I found out on Sunday that this had been announced. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage and figure out more about the land of Skyrim!

Skyrim is also going to be the cover story for the February edition of GameInformer.

Its just...there wasn't anything wrong with the engine. It was great.
The engine was definitely showing its age. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were filled with bugs and glitches. I was fine with the engine but it became the cool thing to hate on after New Vegas. The character models/animations definitely needed alot of work so this is good news. Still surprised this is coming out this console generation.

The engine was definitely showing its age. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were filled with bugs and glitches. I was fine with the engine but it became the cool thing to hate on after New Vegas. The character models/animations definitely needed alot of work so this is good news. Still surprised this is coming out this console generation.

New Vegas is the reason why im glad they are using a new engine.. im still waiting on a patch to fix all of the game breaking bugs. i guess i was just lucky and didnt have as much problems with Fallout 3 but i know alot of people that did

New Vegas is the reason why im glad they are using a new engine.. im still waiting on a patch to fix all of the game breaking bugs. i guess i was just lucky and didnt have as much problems with Fallout 3 but i know alot of people that did
Picked up New Vegas earlier this month, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I loved Fallout 3, had zero problems with it. Hoping I have the same luck this time.

Heard alot of good things about New Vegas. Just hearing that they got rid of the corridors/subway system for getting around DC bumps the game up for me.

Picked up New Vegas earlier this month, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I loved Fallout 3, had zero problems with it. Hoping I have the same luck this time.

Heard alot of good things about New Vegas. Just hearing that they got rid of the corridors/subway system for getting around DC bumps the game up for me.

im only about 15 hours into New Vegas but its pretty good so far. it doesnt really have the same apocalyptic feeling that fallout 3 had imo and i dont think the story is as fun but like i said im only about 15 hours into it. i have barely touched the main questline, ive been doing alot of a side quests and getting achievements

VN Store

Back