Call of Duty: Black Ops

COD is getting old....they better make some changes that will keep gamers like me interested.

Activision really screwed themselves. Infinity Ward was practically printing money with this franchise. Oh well. Why Treyarch isn't going with the rumored Vietnam setting is beyond me. Expect the franchise to be further run into the ground starting with Modern Warfare 2.5, I mean Black Ops. People will probably still eat it up simply because of the name.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm never buying another Activision game as long as Kotick is their CEO.

Every single Treyarch COD game blows. This one will be no different. If not for zombies, the last one they made would have been a complete loss.

Activision really screwed themselves. Infinity Ward was practically printing money with this franchise. Oh well. Why Treyarch isn't going with the rumored Vietnam setting is beyond me. Expect the franchise to be further run into the ground starting with Modern Warfare 2.5, I mean Black Ops. People will probably still eat it up simply because of the name.

they are going with the Vietnam setting in this one...curious to see the vid they feature later tonight.

Zombies has been confirmed also...cant wait to see what they've come up with since they've had a year to work on it!:rock:

So apparently it's modern meaning it "won't be set in WWII". Takes place over multiple wars. I'll rent it, COD died for me a while ago.

so we probably have our next date for xbox bans again now too

yeah i figure this one or Halo: Reach...

Xbox360Achievements.org - COD: Black Ops Heading To Cuba & The Arctic Too, RRP Is £55 In The UK

"Now you will witness the birth of the Elite Special Forces and take part in off-the-record missions using unconventional weaponry to get the job done! From Cuba to the Arctic and the jungles of Vietnam, Call of Duty: Black Ops features stunning cinematic graphics and intense gameplay that puts you right at the heart of the action!"

i feel like activision is really starting to churn out these games too quickly. the series has a good chance of losing its luster if they're not careful.

Every single Treyarch COD game blows. This one will be no different. If not for zombies, the last one they made would have been a complete loss.

i know i might be in the minority, but honestly....WaW was probably the best in the entire series for me. i know some people on here really didn't care for it, but i loved it. there was just so much to do in that game.

Last edited:
i know i might be in the minority WaW was probably the best in the entire series for me. i know some people rag on it, but i loved it.
I enjoyed it also...if they can just fix the grenade spamming on Veteran this time i'd be very happy..

thing about Treyarch is...they seem to learn from IW's mistakes and release a pretty much glitch free game though

it also amazes me the amount of people that don't want to play this game just because of it being in a past setting. for me, it's more fun to play through a campaign that's based around a real war that's actually happened than to run through one with an imaginary conflict that never existed like in the MW games.

i'm not saying this is an automatic buy for me, but a vietnam setting definitely doesn't detract me from buying it.....if anything, it's a selling point.

it also amazes me the amount of people that don't want to play this game just because of it being in a past setting. for me, it's more fun to play through a campaign that's based around a real war that's actually happened than to run through one with an imaginary conflict that never existed like in the MW games.

i'm not saying this is an automatic buy for me, but a vietnam setting definitely doesn't detract me from buying it.....if anything, it's a selling point.

I agree...i enjoy these types of games. As much as I am intrigued by wwII, I think the gaming industry has overdone it just a bit.

This is going to end up being like Madden or NCAA and become a game with an annual release. Which, for a game that doesn't have any real updates to it.....could probably start to lose it's luster.

I think that CoD needs to go into non-traditional combat games. There aren't a whole lot of Vietnam War games, or heck, if you wanted to get crazy with it, a Civil War game.

I agree...i enjoy these types of games. As much as I am intrigued by wwII, I think the gaming industry has overdone it just a bit.

agreed. i've said before that I think WWII is one of the most overdone things in the video game industry. i really enjoyed the campaign in WaW, but i agree that it needs to stop. it would be awesome if they were to branch out in the future and offer more variety as far as historical battles and warfare goes. hopefully Black Ops starts a trend.

Hate to compare games but I really like having vehicles and seemingly bigger maps of Bad Company to Call of Duty and the race to kill streaks. With alternatives that are on the same level now days, it's hard to get excited until I see more. Medal of Honor is supposed to be the nuts when it drops. No longer a one dog fight which is cool.

I'll give them all a look and see which one(s) I stick with.

I like the idea of this game with the multiple Cold War location setting. Still with them releasing a game very year they are over saturating the market. I want something to anticipate and wait a couple years for. Like others have said this is becoming like Madden...it's just hard to get excited for it every year.

VN Store

Back