Need some advice for my NYC trip

Berry4Heisman14

VOL til death
Im going to New York for 7 days in October. I need some advice on the best restaurants, I know several are overpriced tourist traps. Also, are any of the popular tours and museums like Central Park, Rockefeller Museum, empire state building, etc, really worth it? What are the best tours there? And whats the easiest cheapest way of transportation? Im going to Jersey to see the Giants and the Falcons play and hear taxis are overpriced and traffic can be bad in them. Figured the people in the zone would be the best people to ask!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Im going to New York for 7 days in October. I need some advice on the best restaurants, I know several are overpriced tourist traps. Also, are any of the popular tours and museums like Central Park, Rockefeller Museum, empire state building, etc, really worth it? What are the best tours there? And whats the easiest cheapest way of transportation? Im going to Jersey to see the Giants and the Falcons play and hear taxis are overpriced and traffic can be bad in them. Figured the people in the zone would be the best people to ask!

I suggest you find some cool homeless friends and have a buttchug party. Let us know the deets later.

Reactions: 2 people

subway and walking is your cheapest form of transportation, but do your home work now. try and decide where you want to go and what trains it takes to get there. nothing worse than getting lost in NYC. its been more than 10 years since I was there so really can't help with places to eat, but Hogs and Heifers was a fun bar that we went to the last night we was there.

also even if it is supposed to be a nice day outside, dress warm. it was the first time I was in a big city and didn't know what kind of windtunnel all those big buildings would cause. I was forced to go and buy an 80 dollar hoodie.

subway and walking is your cheapest form of transportation, but do your home work now. try and decide where you want to go and what trains it takes to get there. nothing worse than getting lost in NYC. its been more than 10 years since I was there so really can't help with places to eat, but Hogs and Heifers was a fun bar that we went to the last night we was there.

also even if it is supposed to be a nice day outside, dress warm. it was the first time I was in a big city and didn't know what kind of windtunnel all those big buildings would cause. I was forced to go and buy an 80 dollar hoodie.

Thank you so much I appreciate it!

Find a trashy hooker and smash with no wrap and get the haids! You'll have awesome stories to tell forever and ever! Oh and tell all the Yankees, Go Big Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a trashy hooker and smash with no wrap and get the haids! You'll have awesome stories to tell forever and ever! Oh and tell all the Yankees, Go Big Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

I support this message. Just remember when you catch the haids, forever becomes like 3-4 years.

The New York subway system is a quick and easy way to scoot around the city. You can also board a subway at penn station in NYC that will take you to metlife stadium for the game(isn't that where the Giants play?). NJ Transit should give you maps and fees for that. The Subway will more than likely be very crowded during a football game so make sure you know what your doing.

As for restaurants, once your in the city you shouldn't have any issue finding a great place to eat. I can't really afford to eat at most of them so I won't recommend anywhere.

Take a tour of something that interests you if you want. For a simple guy like myself, being in the city and sightseeing things here and there is enough fun for me.

Hope that helps and have fun

Reactions: 1 person
John Rocker does not support the New York Subway system.

The New York subway system is a quick and easy way to scoot around the city. You can also board a subway at penn station in NYC that will take you to metlife stadium for the game(isn't that where the Giants play?). NJ Transit should give you maps and fees for that. The Subway will more than likely be very crowded during a football game so make sure you know what your doing.

As for restaurants, once your in the city you shouldn't have any issue finding a great place to eat. I can't really afford to eat at most of them so I won't recommend anywhere.

Take a tour of something that interests you if you want. For a simple guy like myself, being in the city and sightseeing things here and there is enough fun for me.

Hope that helps and have fun
That helps so much thank you so much

Save yourself the trip

Sit on a bench in Battery Park and eat lunch in front of the Statue of Liberty. Go to Central Park (not after dark) and sit at Bethesda Terrace for a while. Definitely take the subways. Cab fares are way too expensive and a train can take you anywhere you need to go. As somebody pointed out, you can probably catch a train from Penn Station to the game. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. It's a tourist attraction, but it's that way for a reason. Go to Brooklyn Bridge Park for the best view of the city when you get over into Brooklyn. Have fun.

Sit on a bench in Battery Park and eat lunch in front of the Statue of Liberty. Go to Central Park (not after dark) and sit at Bethesda Terrace for a while. Definitely take the subways. Cab fares are way too expensive and a train can take you anywhere you need to go. As somebody pointed out, you can probably catch a train from Penn Station to the game. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. It's a tourist attraction, but it's that way for a reason. Go to Brooklyn Bridge Park for the best view of the city when you get over into Brooklyn. Have fun.

Thank you so much!

I've been to NYC a few times. Always enjoyed walking in Times Square, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Park but they are all tourist things.

Ellis Island is impressive, but it will only make you angry over our current lack of an immigration policy.

There are only two things I want to do EVERY time I go to NYC. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (it's always different) and eat cheesecake at Junior's in Brooklyn (it's always the same!).

I heard a guy on the radio say don't go to central park and talk to anybody if you have a southern accent.

This thread is not entertaining. Please move to pub. I hate to see boring threads separated.

Make sure you meet this guy:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6s_LMkJ70[/youtube]

VN Store

Back