The "We Gonna Whoop Dey Ass! Maybe." Oklahoma Thread .

Sgt_Nick_Fury

Danneskjöld's love child.
There I said it......we got this
!
We gonna whoop dey azz!!! Maybe...

1oxRm4j.jpg

Come on zoner's let's get into the spirit!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUNrHWZaVs[/youtube]

I'm gonna be bold and nut up. I'm calling the upset.

UT - 24
OU - 20

Just watched the OU-Tulsa massacre.....my thoughts...

Weaknesses in the Giant.

Sometimes a Strength is a strength and sometimes it can also be a weakness. The greatest Strength for OU over UT is their line size. These guys are monsters. Larger then some NFL lines, and not the rolly polly fat kind. They have great upper body strength. Their offensive line is also extremely disciplined, and I was most impressed with their blocking all over the field. Stoops has clearly pushed this very successfully in practice. However, they are fairly slow.....it may have been their Opponent not really making them break much of a sweat, but their offensive line certainly did not look quick, and neither did their defensive line. Tulsa didn't have much of anything to challenge that with, but even so took advantage of this a few times. Offensively we need to run those big boys up and down the field, and not be worried to press the running game even if it means a slow start. Best way to break discipline is with heavy breathing. One thing I found very curious though is even with the larger size and strength advantage of their offensive line, they hardly EVER run up the middle, it seemed like they could have nailed Tulsa's coffin earlier by merely smash mouth up the center. Instead the passed all over, and perhaps that makes since, because Knight is an incredibly accurate and impressive if cocky quarterback. Still call me old fashioned I found it down right odd how little they ran up the gutt. Likewise I was confused about their Defensive line on the middle. They appeared to have a size-strength advantage there to, but Tulsa with a much more meager rushing attack then ours was able to push for first down on short yards. Everything on paper would say this is the worst team to deal with in the middle and yet both sides of the ball they just didn't look as impressive as they should. I don't know what that means, maybe it was a strategy, just worth noting to my mind.

I think if we can wear them out defensively up and down the line they will get tired, and may be more vulnerable from a good inside running game then I would have expected. That O line will be much more problematic, but I would definitely want to give them pressure on the corners. make those big boys earn it.

Their secondary....is definitely a weakness not impressive at all, even Tulsa was able to often get recievers out in very good position (they just didn't really have the arms and hands to make it work) Their best secondary guy was Sanchez who looked to get pretty well hurt effecting right arm....he apparently will be well enough to play, but I have my doubts he is 100%. As good as he is, he will have work cut out with our receivers even without Pearson we have a huge advantage in match up here, also Sanchez isn't the ball-hawk his stats seemed to suggest. He's no berry who is reading the route etc, rather he is extremely quick, lightning reaction speed, and a great opportunists, if he's healthy you do not want to mess up around him. Maybe his injury means he will be less then steller, but right now he was really the only part of their secondary worth real respect. If Worley can get time, we can definitely hook up down field, and North has no one he needs to fear on the longball. (provided Worley has time for long ball)

On the reverse, Knight is an excellent accurate passer, and a great opportunist for scrambling for long yards. He's also cocky as hell. I saw him take great chances, and with Tulsa, why not? but I hope he keeps taking chances, because we need turnovers to stay in this. The real beauty of their passing game though is short passes they turn into more yards through great blocking. We need to get an interception, we desperately need to take advantage of that confidence, and if we can get him riled, he won't hesitate to run, and when that happens we have to have someone there to clock him. we let him run, and we let him to take those risky passes without repercussions and it will be a very bad day.

I believe our receivers out class their secondary in talent all but Sanchez and he will not be 100%. I think our secondary can hang with these receivers, I was really impressed with our secondary first two games, I think we can muddle things here.Even Tulsa got some decent coverage on them early on, and the secondary was about the only part of Tulsa that wasn't butt ugly.

The greatest danger looks to me to be on the line, draw plays, and short outs where they are getting NFL quality size and blocking. Making 5-7 yrd plays into 20-30 yard plays. We desperately need to find a way to penetrate or get around the corners, read some plays. I pray they attempt to pass on us like they did with Tulsa, but I wouldn't bet on it. Our defensive front and linebackers have their work cut out for them, we're about to find out what their conditioning and energy truly is. Hope they ate their "man bread".

If Worley can continue to stay calm even after eating a fair amount of dirt, he has great opportunities down field. Running will be much harder, but we have got to do it, and preferably on the length, if only to wear down that line some. if Hurd or Lane can find some light, they can definitely outrun these guys. If we can get them to come after Worely I'll take Hurd or Lane over any of these guys in a short draw pass......but there's not much light, and a wall in front of them.

MY idea of things to look for as far as game breakers or makers. Worley.....needs to tap into his inner Casey Clausen, we need a road general, an ice man, we need nerves no matter how much grass he eats, He's over thrown way to many guys on the sides, he's got to trust his receivers and he's got to get time down field. Knight....can't be allowed to go the easy run, he's not a GREAT runner, but he's a very opportunistic one. He won't be easy to get to, and I am unsure you can pressure him easily he's a veteran, I'd rather us force the pass and roll the dice then allow these short and midfield gains or Qb keep. D line is going to need all the help they can get from linebackers.

Their big and their confident, we need to be quicker, and spiteful. This is definitely a pride game for the Vols, we are the Vols, no matter what we do not play as a secondary school, we make them pay for every success, we make them remember how hard we hit.....we make them pay for disrespect and throwing into coverage.....if do all these things right, and hope for some cocky confidence mistakes,coupled with making the appropriate prayers, and/or animal sacrifices, we could have a decent game, and whoop dey azz.....maybe.

Here's the game if you wanna see for yourself...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtcSEztAM2I

Last edited:
I am calm, I just take no responsibility for the injuries others receive via my posts, they must read at their own risk. The fooks given room is down the hall.

Weaknesses in the Giant.

Sometimes a Strength is a strength and sometimes it can also be a weakness. The greatest Strength for OU over UT is their line size. These guys are monsters. Larger then some NFL lines, and not the rolly polly fat kind. They have great upper body strength. Their offensive line is also extremely disciplined, and I was most impressed with their blocking all over the field. Stoops has clearly pushed this very successfully in practice. However, they are fairly slow.....it may have been their Opponent not really making them break much of a sweat, but their offensive line certainly did not look quick, and neither did their defensive line. Tulsa didn't have much of anything to challenge that with, but even so took advantage of this a few times. Offensively we need to run those big boys up and down the field, and not be worried to press the running game even if it means a slow start. Best way to break discipline is with heavy breathing. One thing I found very curious though is even with the larger size and strength advantage of their offensive line, they hardly EVER run up the middle, it seemed like they could have nailed Tulsa's coffin earlier by merely smash mouth up the center. Instead the passed all over, and perhaps that makes since, because Knight is an incredibly accurate and impressive if cocky quarterback. Still call me old fashioned I found it down right odd how little they ran up the gutt. Likewise I was confused about their Defensive line on the middle. They appeared to have a size-strength advantage there to, but Tulsa with a much more meager rushing attack then ours was able to push for first down on short yards. Everything on paper would say this is the worst team to deal with in the middle and yet both sides of the ball they just didn't look as impressive as they should. I don't know what that means, maybe it was a strategy, just worth noting to my mind.

I think if we can wear them out defensively up and down the line they will get tired, and may be more vulnerable from a good inside running game then I would have expected. That O line will be much more problematic, but I would definitely want to give them pressure on the corners. make those big boys earn it.

Their secondary....is definitely a weakness not impressive at all, even Tulsa was able to often get recievers out in very good position (they just didn't really have the arms and hands to make it work) Their best secondary guy was Sanchez who looked to get pretty well hurt effecting right arm....he apparently will be well enough to play, but I have my doubts he is 100%. As good as he is, he will have work cut out with our receivers even without Pearson we have a huge advantage in match up here, also Sanchez isn't the ball-hawk his stats seemed to suggest. He's no berry who is reading the route etc, rather he is extremely quick, lightning reaction speed, and a great opportunists, if he's healthy you do not want to mess up around him. Maybe his injury means he will be less then steller, but right now he was really the only part of their secondary worth real respect. If Worley can get time, we can definitely hook up down field, and North has no one he needs to fear on the longball. (provided Worley has time for long ball)

On the reverse, Knight is an excellent accurate passer, and a great opportunist for scrambling for long yards. He's also cocky as hell. I saw him take great chances, and with Tulsa, why not? but I hope he keeps taking chances, because we need turnovers to stay in this. The real beauty of their passing game though is short passes they turn into more yards through great blocking. We need to get an interception, we desperately need to take advantage of that confidence, and if we can get him riled, he won't hesitate to run, and when that happens we have to have someone there to clock him. we let him run, and we let him to take those risky passes without repercussions and it will be a very bad day.

I believe our receivers out class their secondary in talent all but Sanchez and he will not be 100%. I think our secondary can hang with these receivers, I was really impressed with our secondary first two games, I think we can muddle things here.Even Tulsa got some decent coverage on them early on, and the secondary was about the only part of Tulsa that wasn't butt ugly.

The greatest danger looks to me to be on the line, draw plays, and short outs where they are getting NFL quality size and blocking. Making 5-7 yrd plays into 20-30 yard plays. We desperately need to find a way to penetrate or get around the corners, read some plays. I pray they attempt to pass on us like they did with Tulsa, but I wouldn't bet on it. Our defensive front and linebackers have their work cut out for them, we're about to find out what their conditioning and energy truly is. Hope they ate their "man bread".

If Worley can continue to stay calm even after eating a fair amount of dirt, he has great opportunities down field. Running will be much harder, but we have got to do it, and preferably on the length, if only to wear down that line some. if Hurd or Lane can find some light, they can definitely outrun these guys. If we can get them to come after Worely I'll take Hurd or Lane over any of these guys in a short draw pass......but there's not much light, and a wall in front of them.

MY idea of things to look for as far as game breakers or makers. Worley.....needs to tap into his inner Casey Clausen, we need a road general, an ice man, we need nerves no matter how much grass he eats, He's over thrown way to many guys on the sides, he's got to trust his receivers and he's got to get time down field. Knight....can't be allowed to go the easy run, he's not a GREAT runner, but he's a very opportunistic one. He won't be easy to get to, and I am unsure you can pressure him easily he's a veteran, I'd rather us force the pass and roll the dice then allow these short and midfield gains or Qb keep. D line is going to need all the help they can get from linebackers.

Their big and their confident, we need to be quicker, and spiteful. This is definitely a pride game for the Vols, we are the Vols, no matter what we do not play as a secondary school, we make them pay for every success, we make them remember how hard we hit.....we make them pay for disrespect and throwing into coverage.....if do all these things right, and hope for some cocky confidence mistakes,coupled with making the appropriate prayers, and/or animal sacrifices, we could have a decent game, and whoop dey azz.....maybe.

tl;dc

Larpy Larperson McFlurry has ruined the "whoop dey ass" thread. Now we're going to lose and it's all his fault.

Weaknesses in the Giant.

blah, blah, blah......

Can I get a summary? No chance in hell I'm reading this novel.

We gonna whip dey ass!

Should have just said that to begin with. Seeing all those words gave me a migraine. I thought I was in Oprah's book club for a second, or as it's also known, hell.

Weaknesses in the Giant.

Can someone put this in short form and add pics?

Weaknesses in the Giant.

200.gif

VN Store

Back