The 2014 Epic Post of the Year

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
We need more rants. More diatribes. More drunken Gabby Johnson frontier gibberish. More post-game meltdowns. More pre-season euphoria. More Hell breaking loose. More non-sequiturs. More Veruca Salt tantrums. More sanctimonious outrage. More condescension. More sunshine pumping. More superlatives. More panic/fear/outrage. More taking things said out of context.

C'mon, Vols. Let 2014 be the most epic year EVER...

(No Endzone posts can qualify for 2K14 EPOTY, however)

We need more rants. More diatribes. More drunken Gabby Johnson frontier gibberish. More post-game meltdowns. More pre-season euphoria. More Hell breaking loose. More non-sequiturs. More Veruca Salt tantrums. More sanctimonious outrage. More condescension. More sunshine pumping. More superlatives. More panic/fear/outrage. More taking things said out of context.

C'mon, Vols. Let 2014 be the most epic year EVER...

(No Endzone posts can qualify for 2K14 EPOTY, however)

That's bull ****. We are the heart and soul of VN.

That's bull ****. We are the heart and soul of VN.

The Zone is like the NBA All Star game of VN. All of the best (or worst) talent collected together and you end up with all offense and no defense. Just a gigantic lay-up drill. That shouldn't impress anyone. Show me something in a game that counts and we may be more impressed. If someone manages to meltdown in any other forum on any random day over some random event, that makes it epic.

The Zone is like the NBA All Star game of VN. All of the best (or worst) talent collected together and you end up with all offense and no defense. Just a gigantic lay-up drill. That shouldn't impress anyone. Show me something in a game that counts and we may be more impressed. If someone manages to meltdown in any other forum on any random day over some random event, that makes it epic.
Wtf. We cause these epic posts and threads. But quit polluting the Zone with your crappy threads moved there. Tia

Would you like your first, last, and only submission or should I allow this fester like the back acne you pub peasants suffer with?

What a shame the target audience will have to "find" this here. I understand the moving of this type of thread, but the good people of the Zone shouldnt be forced to have Pub propaganda forced on them. With that said, allow me to begin:

We should all put our best foot forward and try to move beyond this annual debate regarding the Pub vs. The End Zone. ItÂ’s not healthy.

Allow me to provide some clarity and hopefully resolve this issue once and for all time. The End Zone historically places itself in the Hierarchy of Internet Message Board Elitism. For you mouth breathing, sycophant pub dwelling mongrels, that translates to “We’re better than you”.

Now I can explain further but my inclination is to end this trivial debate rather than re-ignite it. You see serfs, your productivity on VN is, has, and will always be viewed as “Second Class”.

“But WHY TX07?” you might ask. Allow me to shed some light on that. In the utmost condescending, Imperialistic, tone I can possibly portray via typing on keyboard, (that’s the magic alphabet buttons before you Pub dwellers) I can say this with pure unadulterated confidence. The End Zone is better than you.

IÂ’ll allow a moment for that to sink in.

Now that youÂ’ve wasted the rest of our oxygen by mouth breathing your way to reality, let me explain.

In a World long ago, prior to you class of 2010 rejectÂ’s existence, there was an order. Refer back to your notes from High School during your time studying Natural Selection. Who am I kidding; most of you completed your GED at the trailer park using Google and Aunt SallyÂ’s home spun whit. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the crayons you inevitably chewed during those grueling 6 months.

I digress.

We used to show others respect in the Zone. There was a way to conduct you in a peaceful, yet playful manner. That all changed. Gone are the days of extending olive branches to the peasants. The line in the sand was drawn and with that comes consequences. You dare to set your own standards in an attempt to shun the good people that were the very life blood of the establishment? I laugh at the notion that any member of the doldrum crawling Pub society could possibly have the sand to withstand the type of onslaught that has shattered countless e-feelings. I couldnÂ’t possibly fathom the number of keyboards that were dismissed due to damage from tear ducts that would make the rain during Hurricane Katrina look like an oscillating sprinkler head.

The life blood of this glorious and ambitious enterprise resides in the sacrificeÂ’s made by great men. Men of virtue. Valor. Dignity. Self loathing fine fellows who lulzed and morning picÂ’d there way in to Internet fame.

We hold these truths to be self evident, that not all posters are created equal. You have no honor Pub members. You have no Code. All you have managed to do lately is weaken a forum. Sleep well my children.

Should you need me, you can find me punching puppies, kicking kittens, and crushing the life out of your ilk one by one, until my pallet of destruction is full, and my thirst for you un-ambitious blood is quenched.

Now, does this adequately provide you with an example for your condescending inquisition?

View attachment mic drop.bmp

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'd be happy to discuss that with you any time.

When ever it's convenient I need opinions on:
Best layers ( egg only-not interested in sitting hens at this time)

Number of roosters per hen?

You would not believe some of the things I've heard as far as up keep tricks. Crushed glass, bleach in the water, to just name a few

The cliff notes answer is your two Californian birds, (greys and whites), Rhode Island Reds (they lay those big brown farm style eggs that we all prefer), and a black sexlink. Never owned a sexlink bird myself, but have an aunt that has enjoyed hers for years.

Based on the number of hens will determine your number of roosters. I like a a banty rooster for a lot of reasons, but I'd never put two together. One good banty can appease 8-10 hens easily. Any less and he'll wear them out. Pros to a banty, they're a cool breed of bird, vocal (which some folks like) and are to hens what the French are to American women. One matured Banty is what I'd prefer because he'll be a work horse.

If you elect to have two Roosters, study up on which breeds mesh the best with your chosen hen breed. Not all get along and ironically, "color" plays a role in that facet, as well as many other facets of raising productive poultry.

Whoever suggested crushed glass is a moron and I'd like to meet a man face to face that said that to you.

Bleach is a no no also. The only, and I mean ONLY product worth putting in a poultry water supply is a product called Red Cell. Think of it as your "Men's One a Day Vitamin".

In a perfect world, you should have no problem picking up your bird's water supply, rinsing your child's mouth out with it, and then chugging the rest yourself. Thats how clean I insist their water to be.

Perfect water is the key to any poultry operation and I cannot stress this enough to producers.

Any other questions? Love to talk chickens.

The con to a banty rooster btw, since it looked like I left that off is, they're aggressive. Not just to other roosters, but to other birds in general and sometimes people.

You'll notice a character trait in each of them that varies, but one trait that is common in all Banty males is this:

They'll eat first, and when they've decided they're pleased, only then will they allow the rest of your birds to join them. The term "pecking order" was probally orginated watching a banty rooster and his flock.

Lastly, they're brave little sobs and they'll fight any predator they encounter. Snakes, insects, other bird species, you name it. Like most males, they gain confidence the more they win. Eventually, you may be replacing a good servicable rooster because he takes on something too big to beat.

a few "tricks" to consider too, since you mentioned it:

Oyster shells- you can find it at a feed store or TSC. They'll enjoy that & it adds calcium.

Cantelope - occasionally you may have a hen that has dropped off in production. Treat her to some of this. It's basically a shot of pepto bismol or a yogurt for us humans.

rice/ noodles - Starches are always a good treat in the winter months. We all get fat eating carbs and crap during the winter. Birds will too.

Let them see the world as much as practical. - Birds are natural explorers and they discover things like a toddler does. Bugs, scratching the grass or dirt, climbing up and down in a roost house, ect.... I understand you want to protect them and keep them in a pen. It's easier on you and safer for them, but allow a play ground so to speak for them that gives them room to be their curious self. They'll be happier, (yes poultry can feel sad too) and more productive.

Thanks so much.

The crushed glass method was recommended for their crawl??? ( something to do with digestion)

They told me using the bleach deal would rid them of mites and things.

I never thought of using the bannys as a roster.

The hens I had been looking at (please forgive me here)
The golden nugget ?
And the leghorn (white)

Any opinion on buying online? And if you think its a safe investment could you suggest a website to shop from.

Leghorn hens are great. Don't let me steer you away from them. They'll mate well with anything really.

As far as online stuff, I'd stay local. The bird guys in your area are the best resource for that. Out of state birds are always sketchy. I say this because I've seen foreign birds before.

Some birds don't perform away from home, in the house or *elsewhere.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The white leghorn won't put out as much as the Rhode Island. They're a lazy crop that are less reliable. They'll spend more time galavating than producing and are a needy bunch of females. JMO

You'll have good eggs, but not the numbers. I'd stay clear of them unless you were "farming".

Last edited:
Before you ask, I retired. I like to help those who enjoy birds and are focused on the learning aspect of raising them and keeping them healthy. That's why I mentor the 4-H and FFA club here. I like sharing to make a better bird. Any thing I can do to help spread that.

VN Store

Back