CP did his thang!!!

While I'm not in the "F Da'Rick" crowd, I certainly believe we'll be just fine or better of without him.

CP is ready. Gotta stay on them grades, tho!

Can't wait to see what goes down Saturday...

Somebody getn 150+ yds receiving if not both. Maybe 200...

11. 250 words or less

Every so often you see a player whose talent is an instant revelation. May I present to you Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle (pronounced, Core-darryl) Patterson.

[+] Enlarge
Daniel Shirey/US PresswireTennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson showed his explosiveness Friday night against NC State.

In the Volunteers' 35-21 win last Thursday against North Carolina State, Patterson beat All-American David Amerson on a 41-yard touchdown reception -- and he did it despite running the wrong route.

Later, the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Patterson scored on a 67-yard end-around by outrunning Amerson, who initially had a tackling angle.

"I'm not surprised one bit," said Tommy Mangino, the offensive coordinator at Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College, where Patterson played. "Not one bit."

Patterson is one of the reasons why Tennessee coaches weren't devastated when All-SEC receiver Da'Rick Rogers was recently dismissed from the team (Rogers transferred to Tennessee Tech). After seeing Patterson against NC State, it's obvious why they weren't.

Mangino, the son of former Kansas coach Mark Mangino, said Patterson's skill set is mind-boggling.

"I've been around some football players before," he said. "But I've really never seen anybody like him. He can do everything."

Patterson didn't qualify academically out of high school, didn't play in 2009, but eventually signed with Hutchinson and became a two-time juco All-American. Just 4 minutes and 29 seconds into his Tennessee career, he scored a TD. Fun.

"He didn't come from a lot," said Mangino. "His mom and sister have been there for him. No father figure in his life. ... He's a great kid."

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back