Class of 2011
WR
Saginaw, Michigan
[Saginaw HS]

Ht:6'0"
Wt:170 lbs
40 time: 4.49

Being recruited at UT by Jim Chaney.

Has a Vol offer, strong interest, and actually camped at UT over the summer in 2009. His high school team is pretty poor, but he's done well in most every camp or combine he's attended.

Other schools to watch: Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Alabama, and Wisconsin

Last edited:
Looks pretty good in his Zapruder film....

That's the first thing I saw... there's also some stuff on youtube.

YouTube - DeAnthony Arnett Class of 2011

Only negative I'm seeing is he plays in a spread. A) That hurts us if he wants to stay in that style of system and B) Even if he were to choose us, he may need to get more accustomed to 2-wide and 3-wide sets.

I think Michigan is the leader at this point but those close to him say there is no leader.

If you have ever been to Saginaw, you know anybody with any decency and common sense wants the heck out of there.

What a horrible town.

Rivals Profile

Scout Profile

Tennessee Offer (Recruited by Jim Chaney according to Rivals.)

Holds offers from

Cincinnati
Eastern Michigan
Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Purdue
Tennessee
Wisconsin

Last edited:
Saginaw (Mich.) star wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett is staring to narrow down his long list of suitors. On Tuesday, he named eight schools that stick out, including a top three. USC, Notre Dame, and Michigan State are on top, followed by Cincinnati, Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, and Iowa.

Arnett said he has not spoken to anyone at Tennessee.

"I just love Tennessee," Arnett said. "Their facilities, the weather is good down there. I have just always liked Tennessee. I am going to have to talk to someone up there. Tennessee has offered. I just really like them."

LeGGooo

He doesn't seem that special.. I just cant see him getting much play time at UT.

He doesn't seem that special.. I just cant see him getting much play time at UT.

Reminds me of Mohamed Massaquoi... not sure what you've seen of him.

I'll take him in a heart beat. He will likely be a 4* WR on Rivals.

I'll take him for sure. He probably wouldn't be a contributer til 3 or 4 years from now but he looks like a solid pickup.

Reminds me of Mohamed Massaquoi... not sure what you've seen of him.

I'll take him in a heart beat. He will likely be a 4* WR on Rivals.

Just don't feel like he has outstanding speed, strength, or quickness. Reminds me of Todd Campbell.

Just don't feel like he has outstanding speed, strength, or quickness. Reminds me of Todd Campbell.

He runs a 4.5, he is really quick, but his biggest negative is his strength and size. Again, that's why I made the comparison.

He's far better than Todd Campbell.

Arnett said he has not spoken to anyone at Tennessee.

"I just love Tennessee," Arnett said. "Their facilities, the weather is good down there. I have just always liked Tennessee. I am going to have to talk to someone up there. Tennessee has offered. I just really like them."

USC offered Arnett, a Rivals250 to Watch prospect, on Tuesday.

"The athletic director at my school came in during my sports gym class," Arnett said. "We were just sitting down and talking. He told me he just got off the phone with USC, and they offered. I was excited of course. As soon as school wrapped up, I called coach [Ed] Orgeron. They said they loved the way I play and they have to get me down there to visit."

I don't think he's coming here. Every time I've spoken to him he's raved about how cool Kiffin and his staff is. He will probably go to USC.

If the staff really pursues him they might be able to get in on him, but its going to be hard to get him away from USC imo especially if Kiffin pushes hard.

We also are not in his top 3...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Imo if we can keep him from heading West then we might be in good shape with him

I don't think he's coming here. Every time I've spoken to him he's raved about how cool Kiffin and his staff is. He will probably go to USC.

If the staff really pursues him they might be able to get in on him, but its going to be hard to get him away from USC imo especially if Kiffin pushes hard.

We also are not in his top 3...

Spoken to him on Facebook?

We are not in many 2011 guys' top 3 right now.... because most don't have a top 3. He wants to visit and meet our staff.

We will end up being there at the end with Arnett, but I'd say the in-state schools and USC are the leaders right now.... but it's way too early to talk about top 3's.

Spoken to him on Facebook?

We are not in many 2011 guys' top 3 right now.... because most don't have a top 3. He wants to visit and meet our staff.

We will end up being there at the end with Arnett, but I'd say the in-state schools and USC are the leaders right now.... but it's way too early to talk about top 3's.
Well he did list his top 3 and we weren't in it, so I think it is fair to say that we aren't in his top 3.

VN Store

Back