UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

FriendlyGator

Gator Fan in Clemson Land
Urban is staying with UF. He is taking a year or two off from coaching and coming back to Florida. This has been confirmed through quite a few sources and ran during the Jags/Pats game. Steve Addazio will become interim head coach until Meyer is ready to come back... is what I am hearing. More to come. Maybe this will salvage a lot of our recruits.

If this is the case, how do you Vols see this situation? You'd get a another chance at Meyer when he comes back, and would give Lane plenty of time to build the UT program.

Urban is staying with UF. He is taking a year or two off from coaching and coming back to Florida. This has been confirmed through quite a few sources and ran during the Jags/Pats game. Steve Addazio will become interim head coach until Meyer is ready to come back... is what I am hearing. More to come. Maybe this will salvage a lot of our recruits.

If this is the case, how do you Vols see this situation? You'd get a another chance at Meyer when he comes back, and would give Lane plenty of time to build the UT program.

Did the recruits come to play for Addazio or Meyer? Just asking

I just got a text from ESPN from Mortenson saying that CUM is not resigning and taking a leave of absence. Anyone know anything?

Steve Adaizzio is going to coach the team next year. with him being the head coach i think we will beat florida next year.

Steve Addazio will become interim head coach
That is good news for the rest of the east.

I hope CUM gets busted for recruiting while in a non-coaching position, because you know he won't stop. cheatin' bastage.

ONLY IN FLORIDA.......this is going to be a big mess. Good for us though, GO VOLS.:)

i still think it will effect the recruiting class this year, bc if he leaves for two years then why would u go there for a coach who wont coach you for two years???

figured we needed another one of these non related UT football threads in the forum.

I wasn't planning on cracking any jokes about Meyer's situation. Since he is deciding to come back, I've also changed my mind.

Whoever is in charge of the celebrity death watch, please put me down for Urban Meyer. Do I get extra points if it occurs on the field during a game? How many extra points if it occurs against a Lane Kiffin UT coached team?

Did the recruits come to play for Addazio or Meyer? Just asking
Any program HOPES that the players want to play for the program and not a coach or anything like that, right? You typically want players that Love the Volunteers, the school and your history. We know that's not always the case, but if said recruit wants to play for coach Meyer, then they still can...just have to wait a year.

I doubt Meyer will be coaching or recruiting. He needs to focus on his health and family. I know not all of us see eye to eye, but let's try and show some class with this. And look on the bright side. You guys get some more chances to get back at Meyer and try to win some from him.

I do agree that having adazzio as interim is bad news (good for the east). we'll see, though.

sounds like a disfunctional family to me. makes hostess-gate seem like a distant memory..this is all recruits will hear about for the next month :rock::rock::rock:

Maybe all of this could be moved to the UF football portion of the board.

Oh we dont have one of those, thats right. Who cares.

This makes a lot more sense than a total resignation. However, why would he not just do this in the first place? My bet is that some boosters threatened foley's life for letting him walk. This should save this year's class for uf and buy time for a more permanent plan if he can't come back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I think this is just to save a recruiting class imo. Why would you make public that you are resigning then less than 12 hours later say that you arent.

VN Store

Back