Richt prays for football recruits...

the.one.the.only

UGA coach Mark Richt prays for the right recruits | College Football Recruiting

Ok so God cares about Georgia football more than any other school? And when a recruit doesn't want to go to UGA then he isn't a God-loving person? Are you freaking kidding me Mark Richt? You know, being religious is great, but being boastful about how religious you are is not. It is, in fact, called pride. And pride is a sin. One of the 7 deadly sins.

As a UGA fan, i must ask you to read that article again. Coach did NOT say that God cares more about GA than anyone else. All he said was that he wants God to give him the "right fit".

Please read it again, and dont misquote. Go dawgs
Respectfully,
Dawgstephen

I ask the Lord to ‘Give us the guys that belong at Georgia. The ones that don’t belong, work it out.’

The ones that don't belong? That don't belong where? In a Christian environment? As a Vol fan, it seems like this guy is touting his own horn about how religious he is, which is not what a good Christian should do. You know why? Because it's prideful, and well... see my first post about that.

Richt is just praying for God's will in the matter. There's nothing wrong with that. Don't read too much into it.

The ones that don't belong? That don't belong where? In a Christian environment? As a Vol fan, it seems like this guy is touting his own horn about how religious he is, which is not what a good Christian should do. You know why? Because it's prideful, and well... see my first post about that.

You are sadly under the wrong impression. Please reread the article.

He knows that certain grandmothers like this garbage.

The ones that dont belong...the ones that arent "meant to be" thats all...dont read too much into it.

Certain grandmothers like it??

Maybe you would rather he RIP off his shirt around nothing but men and turn over podiums....maybe that would please the grandmothers more...

Kudos to Mark Richt. These kids need spiritual leaders in their life. I did admire Fulmer because he was very outspoken in his faith.

I think this is being blown out of proportion. It's not like he's praying for national championships or for the best kids out there to come to Georgia. He's praying that those who should be there wind up in the right place.

Not really a big deal.

The ones that dont belong...the ones that arent "meant to be" thats all...dont read too much into it.

Certain grandmothers like it??

Maybe you would rather he RIP off his shirt around nothing but men and turn over podiums....maybe that would please the grandmothers more...

I've never really understood why fans of other schools join this forum..... Doesn't UGA have something like this to occupy your time???

I know exactly what it says, and you know exactly how I feel. So piss off

“I put a lot of things to prayer, and this is one thing I put to prayer. I ask the Lord to ‘Give us the guys that belong at Georgia. The ones that don’t belong, work it out.’ I don’t get too bent out of shape with [recruiting], one way or the other. We’re going to get what we need. We’re going to get the right guys here.”

Obviously you don't know exactly what it says. How you get Richt saying God cares more about Georgia out of this and him being prideful about his faith is beyond me. He was asked how deals with recruiting and he answered.

Get a clue.

UGA coach Mark Richt prays for the right recruits | College Football Recruiting

Ok so God cares about Georgia football more than any other school? And when a recruit doesn't want to go to UGA then he isn't a God-loving person? Are you freaking kidding me Mark Richt? You know, being religious is great, but being boastful about how religious you are is not. It is, in fact, called pride. And pride is a sin. One of the 7 deadly sins.

I'm sorry - but this is just a dumb thread... wow - I don't even care if it's a rival school.

No, I'm not.

You're delusional. Get a clue man.

You obviously have an agenda against religion in general and don't want it in sports because I'm not sure how someone could be that retarded to come to the conclusions you have in this thread. That's fine that you have something against religion - leave it out of the sports thread and post it in the pub then.

You're delusional. Get a clue man.

You obviously have an agenda against religion in general and don't want it in sports because I'm not sure how someone could be that retarded to come to the conclusions you have in this thread. That's fine that you have something against religion - leave it out of the sports thread and post it in the pub then.

I have nothing against religion, I have a problem with people praying for a football game. If you win, does that mean God didn't love the other team? I'm a Christian, but honestly I think you have more important things to pray about then a football game

Nothing wrong with praying for recruits or for anything in general...Richt is a great role model for these kids.

I have nothing against religion, I have a problem with people praying for a football game. If you win, does that mean God didn't love the other team? I'm a Christian, but honestly I think you have more important things to pray about then a football game

As a Christian yourself, I encourage you to go talk about this with a spiritual leader that you trust, because obviously no one here is going to change your opinion.

I know they would love to talk about this issue with you though, because there are some misconceptions in your argument.

VN Store

Back