Mercer Bears

get more honey!

Suprised there was not already a thread on the big upset over Bama. Roll Bears!
You been back since they've opened up the new University Center? If not, it would blow your mind what they have done to the athletic complex.

The next victims . . . Auburn on Wednesday and Georgia Tech at home on Saturday. :crazy:

They are playing a psycho out of conference schedule.

You been back since they've opened up the new University Center? If not, it would blow your mind what they have done to the athletic complex.

Only seen it in photos. My last visit to campus was when they tore down the old greek row and opened the greek village. If they decide to re-start football then I would definitely come back, but it seems that is on ice. I never even heard what the study committee decided on the football issue.

The AD at Mercer is a family friend and I can tell you that he is pushing hard to start up football a football program in the next couple of years. I really think it might happen.

The next victims . . . Auburn on Wednesday and Georgia Tech at home on Saturday. :crazy:

They are playing a psycho out of conference schedule.
Well, their path of destruction through the state of Alabama is now complete.

Well, their path of destruction through the state of Alabama is now complete.
Un-friggin-real . . . I know Alabama and Auburn aren't world beaters, but I sat in the gym and watched Mercer lose an exhibition game last week to a Division II team that had nobody over 6'4".

1st in the SEC West.

GA, I hope that is true about football. It seemed kind of odd to me that Georgia Military could have a team but not Mercer, and we still had the stadium when I was an undergrad.

Last edited:
What the heck is going on here?!? I just checked the Mercer score . . . They just opened the 2nd half on a 23-6 run and lead Ga Tech 58-40 with 10 minutes to play???

They almost had them. Mercer was up by 2 with their leading scorer at the line shooting 1 and 1 with 40 seconds to go and he gagged. Then they had the ball tied with 10 seconds to go and couldn't get a decent shot.

Having seen these guys twice in person, it's still inexplicable that they are playing like this.

Who's ready for a miracle? Commodores going down.

Oh well, it was not to be. I did get some solace from the fact that the Bears kept VU from getting to the century mark. The Vandy fans actually booed Mercer for most of the last 35 seconds of the game because the Bears did not give them an easy shot at breaking 100. Kind of surreal coming from a fanbase that claims to put so much emphasis on sportsmanship during football season.

Last edited:
We've sold out the opener and it looks like the good leaders of Maconga are going to allow open container for gamedays in limited areas. So many good friends are heading down for this game. It's going to be awesome. Totally psyched!

I will be there. Rode by the field the other day. Unreal that something like that has gone up at dear ole Mercer.

Took me a few days to post. I had a great time reuniting with a lot of folks in Maconga. I'm guessing the gameday atmosphere we had for game 1 will be hard to replicate, at least until homecoming. Crazy back and forth game. I was glad for the Bears that they won but it wouldn't have ruined it for me if they'd lost. Very glad we have tackle football again.

I did not make it down yesterday and I missed the game on the I-radio but I was blown away by the box score. Bobby Lamb must use really big bricks.

VN Store

Back