Kickoff rule change and some other stuff

40 sec rule after a td will cause some things that should be overturned to be missed IMO

40 sec rule after a td will cause some things that should be overturned to be missed IMO

I think it's more likely to cause needless reviews. If the replay official(s) knows he only has 40 seconds to look at the play, then he's more likely to buzz the head ref to give himself extra time to look at it. I have a feeling this might actually slow down pace of play rather than speed it up.

I think it's more likely to cause needless reviews. If the replay official(s) knows he only has 40 seconds to look at the play, then he's more likely to buzz the head ref to give himself extra time to look at it. I have a feeling this might actually slow down pace of play rather than speed it up.

If they want to make games move faster, they need to tell networks like CBS to cut the needless and constant ad breaks. Without those games are fine.

We all know that won't happen.

Reactions: 6 people
If they want to make games move faster, they need to tell networks like CBS to cut the needless and constant ad breaks. Without those games are fine.

We all know that won't happen.

Or at least that they have a minimum number of different commercials. seems like CBS only has 2 so you seem the same two over and over and over again. its painful when they have to run the same one twice in the same commercial block.

Just spot the ball at the 25...then we’ll start seeing huge collisions during on-side kicks...

Especially if you live stream through sling or the like. I've watched games with literally two different commercials before.

Also replay officials should have an internal number of times they're allowed to stop the game. Not saying that they can't do more if they desire, but over a certain limit they should have to report why to the SEC office for review. Some of these checks seem to be overboard on obvious plays.

Kickoff is fun, but completely unnecessary. Just need to go ahead and ban it.

What about punt returns?

I’m fine with punt returns because the head injury rate is lower with them and I think you have to have punts in order to have football. I don’t think kickoffs are necessary, you can everyone start at the 25 or 30 without changing the game too significantly.

It’s unnecessary and not worth to do them with what we know about concussions in today’s sport.

I'm glad you're there to speak up for young adults that lack the capability to make decisions for themselves.

A true altruist is among us.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm glad you're there to speak up for young adults that lack the capability to make decisions for themselves.

A true altruist is among us.

We don’t need kickoffs for football to be football. Football will always be a dangerous game, but there is no need to have a play that significantly increases major injuries to the head and neck area when a kickoff isn’t necessary for football.

Reactions: 1 person
We don’t need kickoffs for football to be football. Football will always be a dangerous game, but there is no need to have a play that significantly increases major injuries to the head and neck area when a kickoff isn’t necessary for football.
I agree

So here is what I see. Now we are probably training kickers to kick it as high as they can to the 25. This rule actually makes kickoffs more dangerous. Shorter distance to blast someone at full speed. Dumb rule

Here's a radical idea on kick-offs that just popped into my brain. Take a couple of players off of the field. Maybe go 9 on 9. Fewer collisions. More touchdowns. Seems better than just placing the ball on the 25 or 30 yard-line.

Here's a radical idea on kick-offs that just popped into my brain. Take a couple of players off of the field. Maybe go 9 on 9. Fewer collisions. More touchdowns. Seems better than just placing the ball on the 25 or 30 yard-line.

So instead of putting 11 players in danger, we’re only putting 9. That’s brilliant work Watson

VN Store

Back