24 team cfb playoff system: let the champion be decided on the football field

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
That is such a terrible idea for so many reasons. Let's just tackle the most obvious:

Who in their right mind thinks that you can put fans in the position of having to attend up to 5 postseason games, all at neutral sites, within a month (and over the holidays, no less)?

Last edited:
8 teams.

Right now the playoff is basically 4 at large teams that are voted in by a committee.

Why not:

-5 Power Five champs
-3 At large teams that are voted in by the committee

Or does that just make too much sense?
Makes way too much sense. The committee will never go for it imo

8 teams.

Right now the playoff is basically 4 at large teams that are voted in by a committee.

Why not:

-5 Power Five champs

Just doesn't seem that hard does it?

8 teams.

Why not:

-5 Power Five champs

My thoughts as well although I would like one of those 3 at large teams to be the highest rated non P5 team.

Last year: UCF
2016: Western Michigan
2015: Houston

Etc, etc

Reactions: 1 person
8 teams.

Why not:

-5 Power Five champs

Way too much sense.

Though I don't like the "voted in by committee" idea. I'd rather take the five P5 champs and the next three ranking teams.

8 teams.

Why not:

-5 Power Five champs

Can we get generally decent semifinal games first?

That is such a terrible idea for so many reasons. Let's just tackle the most obvious:

Who in their right mind thinks that you can put fans in the position of having to attend up to 5 postseason games, all at neutral sites, within a month (and over the holidays, no less)?

small colleges do it

Yea, let’s destroy the importance of the regular season. College football is decided on the field, not by fluke neutral site games

small colleges do it

If you’re talking FCS I believe those are home games and not neutral site.

I just remember watching FCS playoff games and them being at the host school. Can’t remember when/if they move to a neutral site at some point in the playoff.

I just remember watching FCS playoff games and them being at the host school. Can’t remember when/if they move to a neutral site at some point in the playoff.

I believe it's just the title game.

Just doesn't seem that hard does it?

Would also get rid of the “Rah rah Ohio State is the greatest! We should be in the playoffs, we got screwed!” crowd.

Ok fair enough, Ohio State got to tiptoe through the tulips in the Big 10, but they did win 11/12 games. First playoff game: Ohio State vs the SEC Champs.

So the "big boys" are the only ones not capable of participating in a double digit team postseason?

Got it...

Why not cut March Madness down to 8 while we are at it then?

Who says all these would have to be at neutral sites? Go to hosts schools until the semis and finals just like normal.

I don't see how this would work, but I would like to see the playoff expanded to 8 teams if they could make it work.

Would also get rid of the “Rah rah Ohio State is the greatest! We should be in the playoffs, we got screwed!” crowd.

Ok fair enough, Ohio State got to tiptoe through the tulips in the Big 10, but they did win 11/12 games. First playoff game: Ohio State vs the SEC Champs.

It’s okay to hate Ohio State, yet still acknowledge the Big 10 has improved significantly while the SEC has regressed.

It’s not 2006 anymore.

VN Store

Back