2637 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Page 3. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #31
VolunteerHillbilly
Spike Drinks, Not Trees

Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Butch and Dooley were not at P5 schools prior to their hiring at UT. I would never expect Cincinnati not LA-Lafayette to crack the top 30. OK State on the other hand has had some modicum of success and should be able to at least flirt with the top 30 every year. JMO though.
I don't know. Assuming his ranking holds, Daxton Hill will be the first rivals 5* out of the state of Oklahoma since Gerald McCoy....in 2006. Plus, the Sooners will always be the flagship for the state. I think Gundy has maintained the perfect system for the quality of players that the can count on recruiting successfully and the competition he faces. When he runs into a certain quality of defensive strength, size, and speed, the system fails. I don't know how Gundy would've done here but apparently some people who know a lot more about football than I ever will think he'd be successful seeing as how we've made runs at him how many times now?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #32
butchna

Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behr View Post
I believe every word of this.

Well, except for the Chip Kelly part. I still would have loved to had hired him. But, so far I'm good with Pruitt.
Kelly’s the same animal. Helluva mad scientist that gets the players he GETS to play their azz off for him after he coaches em up. We’re beginning to see in his recruiting class how important Scott Frost was in his early career on that Oregon staff. Belotti left him good working pieces and Frost/Helfrich got him even better versions. Gundy would be great in the PAC 12 also...vice versa for Kelly in the Big 12. Both get swamped in the SEC.

OK...imo.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #33
butchna

Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolunteerHillbilly View Post
had to quote this just so I'd remember to circle back around to it in 4 years when we make another run at Gundy after firing Pruitt.
Nursing home’ll take away your internet privileges in 14 years...Pruitt will still be here.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #34
davethevol

Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrythesnout View Post
Kellen Winslow being charged with kidnapping and rape. Siap.

Report: Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. arrested for kidnapping, rape
That guy is a total piece of crap. He was caught a week ago breaking into someone’s home.

Not sure if he’s got something seriously wrong with his brain due to football or drug use, but he’s a detriment to society at this point.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #35
LouderVol
Last of XVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed Gundy's AD: recruiting improvement needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroKev View Post
Don't see it. Not being able to crack the top 30 in recruiting isn't going to win you many games in the SEC.
he doesn't crack the top 30 in the Big 12. SEC and UT would sell. someone here with his success would do a lot better than what he does at OK St.

I am fine with Pruitt just pointing out the Cowboys to Oranges comparison going on here.
Reply With Quote TOP