How much more effective do you expect UF offense

BIG BOI 23

From muschamp/mac garbage pro style to Mullen with the spread o

I feel like UF has tons of talent on offense maybe I’m just being a homer but I really think we surprise some people not right out the game but as the year goes on

Jordan Scarlett will be a top 6 RB this year in sec. Altogether tho with Dameon Pierce, Adarius Lemons, Malik Davis, Lamical Perine i feel like we got a damn good group of RBs

Van Jefferson, Tyrie Cleveland, Kadarius Toney, Freddie Swain etc there’s a couple more four star WRs too but need a qb to get it to em

We play FSU we are playing our best and FINALLY get ****ing W over those cocky ass mfers

Last edited:
One I know for sure Mullen gets the ball in his playmakers hands while Mac was incredibly bad in that regard

Like these 2 should of been the focal point of the offense from game one on but Davis only started 2 games smh and Toney barely touched even tho every time he did he seemed to get 15 yards or s

Malik Davis: Florida Gator - "Workhorse" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Kadarius Toney: Florida Gator - "The Human Joystick" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Those 2 plus new guys like this and yea mullen got a lot of toys

Kadarius Toney: Florida Gator - "The Human Joystick" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Jacob Copeland Ultimate Highlights - YouTube

All I know is that y’all were hyping up Mac the same way a few years ago. No one knows until they get on the field.

Reactions: 5 people
The QB play at Florida the past several years is one of the most inexplicable things I've ever seen.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it will be a few years before Florida is back to being a scary team to face. I’m not convinced Mullen is the right guy for the job.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately Florida is a school where if they get "the right" coach, they'll be competing for conference titles/playoff berths almost immediately, probably within a couple of years. It's like Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, USC, Texas, etc., in that regard because it isn't too terribly difficult to recruit, they have a ton of resources, and their "brand" is still pretty good, Muschamp/McElwain years notwithstanding (some of these kids can still remember the Urban years). Tennessee, by comparison, only has one of those things going for it (the resources).

I don't know if Mullen is "the right" coach or not, but I'd bet he's better than McElwain, and probably by a lot. Mullen seems like a great offensive tactician and playcaller who gets the most out of his players; you don't go 69-46 and be nearly .500 in SEC play at Miss St if you aren't. McElwain was able to win 2 SEC titles in 3 years, admittedly in a depleted SEC East. I'm sure the expectation in Gainesville is to seriously compete for an East title within a couple of years, even if Georgia continues to be very strong or Tennessee dramatically improves.

I also agree with GAVol that the QB play there the last several years, in particular under McElwain (a supposed offensive/QB guru), was bafflingly bad.

The best thing that can happen for us is they go through the Mac curse and get bad coach after bad coach

The best thing is Mullen is an instant success and turns bologna into Prime Rib

I think it will be a few years before Florida is back to being a scary team to face. I’m not convinced Mullen is the right guy for the job.

Scary?

Our teams from the mid 90s and Meyer’s ‘08 team were scary.

I’ll settle for being slightly above average offensively.

Call me wet blanket but until UT can beat UF two seasons running I'm not sure we have the right to label anything. That said, with the departure of Butch this upcoming season is bright with hope.

The best thing that can happen for us is they go through the Mac curse and get bad coach after bad coach

The best thing is Mullen is an instant success and turns bologna into Prime Rib

Mullen will win at Florida, but I don’t think he’ll win enough for Florida’s expectations. He can bring consistent 9-10 win seasons, ala Richt at Georgia. But he’s always struggled to win the big ones. He won’t recruit as well as Muschamp and Meyer. His recruiting will be closer to Mac’s level, but he’s a lot better in evaluating talent and getting guys for his system. I always liked Mullen while he was at State. He ran a great program for such a god awful place.

All I know is Jordan Scarlett is the definition of mediocre running back.

Personally, I think it'll take till Year 2. Mullen is IMO the right guy, but I think you all will suffer from the same sort of "growing pains" we likely will this season.

There aren't many good coaches who have come in and turned a program around in Year 1. Normally takes at least 2. I do think most of VN is underestimating Mullen. His recruiting at Miss State was excellent (and it's a much tougher school to recruit to than most of its SEC West competitors) and he's one of the best offensive minds in the nation.

If both Florida and Tennessee get back on track and Georgia continues to be tough, I don't think it's far-feteched that in 3 years from now, the SEC East will be considered tougher than the SEC West.

It all hinges on QB play. If they only play Franks can execute is a Hail Mary, they’re in trouble.

Mullen will win at Florida, but I don’t think he’ll win enough for Florida’s expectations. He can bring consistent 9-10 win seasons, ala Richt at Georgia. But he’s always struggled to win the big ones. He won’t recruit as well as Muschamp and Meyer. His recruiting will be closer to Mac’s level, but he’s a lot better in evaluating talent and getting guys for his system. I always liked Mullen while he was at State. He ran a great program for such a god awful place.

He beat 3 top 10 teams in 2014 to get to #1, and almost beat Alabama. Overall yes, they had a poor record against ranked teams, but we're talking about Miss St. There's really no reason why they should be any good yet he won 60% of his games there and almost 50% of his conference games.

If there's one criticism of him, it's that he lost a couple of Egg Bowls that he shouldn't have, although he was still 5-4 against Ole Miss, and Ole Miss was good by their standards during that period.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back