Tua Tagovailoa wanted to transfer

cncchris33

Says that if he hadn't gotten to play in the championship game, he was going to transfer "to a school where I thought it'd be easier for me and wouldn't challenge me so much."

A real winner's mentality there.

Reactions: 1 person
Says that if he hadn't gotten to play in the championship game, he was going to transfer "to a school where I thought it'd be easier for me and wouldn't challenge me so much."

He looked like a winner in the NC game. He’s the real deal

Reactions: 2 people

He was talking to a middle school class and using a personal anecdote about having the right mindset.

Reactions: 2 people
I will also say this, if this was a lesson on battling thru adversity, ESPN did a piss poor job of demonstrating that angle within their article talking about it.

ESPN's job isn't to demonstrate the right angle to a story. It's to get you to click on an article.

I refuse to click on about 90% of their headlines because it either is about something stupid/irrelevant or likely something purposely taken out of context.

....from the kid who just literally won Bama another national title. Yeah, he’s just gotta get his mind right, he sucks.

It’s a half of a football game, goodness.

They were dead in the water, had zero chance of winning that game without him.

Also, he played a lot of football last season as a true freshman....enough to throw 11 touchdowns as a backup. The kid is the real deal.

....from the kid who just literally won Bama another national title. Yeah, he’s just gotta get his mind right, he sucks.

No one said he was a bad player or that he lacked talent. So, no, he doesn't suck. His mental approach, attitude, and toughness can certainly be called into question however, if he was at any point during his first season of college football, seeking to transfer to a school that would be easier and not as tough on him.

There isn't necessarily a direct correlation between mental toughness and physical ability.

No one said he was a bad player or that he lacked talent. So, no, he doesn't suck. His mental approach, attitude, and toughness can certainly be called into question however, if he was at any point during his first season of college football, seeking to transfer to a school that would be easier and not as tough on him.

There isn't necessarily a direct correlation between mental toughness and physical ability.
How can you question the mental toughness of a guy who was forced to sit all year despite everybody saying he was the better option and then coming in and leading a comeback in the biggest game of the year? It would be completely abnormal if he didn't have doubt creep in at some point.

How can you question the mental toughness of a guy who was forced to sit all year despite everybody saying he was the better option and then coming in and leading a comeback in the biggest game of the year? It would be completely abnormal if he didn't have doubt creep in at some point.

It's one thing to question his mental toughness if he simply felt like he wasn't getting a fair shake.

I questioned his toughness based on the idea that he wanted somewhere that would be "easier and not so challenging." His words, not mine.

That doesn't sound like an issue with playing time. Maybe a poor choice of words by him if that is what he was alluding to, however.

It's one thing to question his mental toughness if he simply felt like he wasn't getting a fair shake.

I questioned his toughness based on the idea that he wanted somewhere that would be "easier and not so challenging." His words, not mine.

That doesn't sound like an issue with playing time. Maybe a poor choice of words by him if that is what he was alluding to, however.

I think you're simply taking his comments out of context because you want to believe something negative about Bama's QB.

VN Store

Back