1997 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How should D1 be structured? Page 2. within the forum Around the NCAA. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 05-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
ptcarter
Boomshanka!

How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
Interesting subject.

Quick question: Are you excited about the East Tennessee game next season?

My son spent months working on a spreadsheet with all this stuff worked out. Paired it down to 80 teams, kept traditional rivalry's , had a better playoff system etc. It got rid of the games like ETSU.

I'm not kidding when I say it was genius.

Son of a gun if he didn't figure out that Roy Kramer lives close to Knoxville. He set up an appointment and was invited to his house to present it. Roy actually kept him there for 3 hours and they talked the ends and outs of it.

Bottom line, TV money is what drives it all. NBC is content with just Notre Dame games, and none have the bandwidth (except ESPN) to change.

On the other hand, (Kramer said this) TV is evolving in ways never dreamed of. Who knows, HULU, YouTube, Amazon etc may render cable and satellite obsolete in as soon as 5 years.

For the time being, we are stuck with what we got.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
superdave1984
Repeat Offender

How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSKtimes View Post
At this point give me another playoff. The FCS has found their way long ago. The power 5 have recently joined the club. That leaves the midtier teams to get their act together and have a playoff. They can actually stop self-proclaiming themselves something they can earn on the field. And have real trophies too.

This will also eliminate some of these mind-numbing bowl games and jazz up the postseason so that even the casual football fan can take a rooting interesting. Come on midtier know your place and have some fun in the playoffs.

There are 11 conferences in D-1 if you count the independents. Take the conference winner and 1 at large team, seed them 1-12 and have a playoff. Yes, it adds up to 4 games to a team's schedule, but then everybody could just shut up and win your dang conference.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #18
bamawriter

How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured? How should D1 be structured?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
There are 11 conferences in D-1 if you count the independents. Take the conference winner and 1 at large team, seed them 1-12 and have a playoff. Yes, it adds up to 4 games to a team's schedule, but then everybody could just shut up and win your dang conference.
I'm really not interested in a playoff that includes the Sun Belt, MAC, or CUSA. It's a waste of everyone's time.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP