Texas and Alabama agree to home-and-home series

I think I prefer the home and home. even though Bama/Texas would probably sell out in most places.

I think I prefer the home and home. even though Bama/Texas would probably sell out in most places.

I prefer the home and home with big time programs. I’m kind of sick of these neutral site games. I think Bama playing home/home with FSU or Michigan would be been better than Jerry’s world, or Auburn/Wash in a home/home.

Reactions: 1 person
I like the neutral site games because they are often better.

That said, the good teams don't want to play Bama in those games anymore, so it defeats the purpose.

Saban will turn 70 during the 2021 season... Who knows? Maybe he will have his fill of championships by then and with nothing left to prove in 2022??? Retire.

I like the neutral site games because they are often better.

That said, the good teams don't want to play Bama in those games anymore, so it defeats the purpose.

I like the match ups, and usually they have good pairings, but I always feel that 1 game isn't enough. With how far out they are planned, both schools could completely change, so that the second game has a different feel.

Saban will turn 70 during the 2021 season... Who knows? Maybe he will have his fill of championships by then and with nothing left to prove in 2022??? Retire.

Saban will turn 69 during the 2020 season....who knows?
Saban will turn 68 during the 2019...
Saban will turn 67 during the 2018...
Saban will turn 66 during the 2017...
Saban will turn 65 during the 2016...
Saban.....

It has to happen someday......

With how far out they are planned, both schools could completely change, so that the second game has a different feel.

And that's really my issue. The neutral site games are usually scheduled about 3 years out. Home-and-homes are usually booked between 7 and 10 years out (this Bama-TX series is short notice compared to the average). I like the idea of booking a team when there is a reasonable likelihood that they will still be good.

College teams and their schedules pretty much do what they want to do. To get this done in 2022, 2023, they jettison UCF for their home date and rescheduled Ohio State at a later date. These home and home games will always bring out the best in competitors that would love to get the Crimson Tide and others on their home field. Personally, it's going to be pretty cool to see Texas, Notre Dame, coming into BDS.

And no sense for Aggie fans getting bent out of shape for all the hem-hawing about Texas rescheduling. It's longhorn politics now and until that's solved, the answer is a resounding no.

I prefer the home and home with big time programs. I’m kind of sick of these neutral site games. I think Bama playing home/home with FSU or Michigan would be been better than Jerry’s world, or Auburn/Wash in a home/home.

They're ok but they feel like preseason bowl games to me, which is good and bad IMO.

And that's really my issue. The neutral site games are usually scheduled about 3 years out. Home-and-homes are usually booked between 7 and 10 years out (this Bama-TX series is short notice compared to the average). I like the idea of booking a team when there is a reasonable likelihood that they will still be good.

fair point, I just don't think they have the same pomp as regular games, and I have been to a couple of UTs.

Just announced that Bama and USC will meet in the Dallas kickoff game in 2020.

Those are the neutral site type of games most dont care for -- both teams fanbases has to travel to Texas - money gets spent in Texas and does Alabamas economy no good

Reactions: 1 person
Those are the neutral site type of games most dont care for -- both teams fanbases has to travel to Texas - money gets spent in Texas and does Alabamas economy no good

I mean, by definition, a neutral site game doesn't help either state economy. Aside from the $6 million each team gets.

Last edited:
College teams and their schedules pretty much do what they want to do. To get this done in 2022, 2023, they jettison UCF for their home date and rescheduled Ohio State at a later date. These home and home games will always bring out the best in competitors that would love to get the Crimson Tide and others on their home field. Personally, it's going to be pretty cool to see Texas, Notre Dame, coming into BDS.

And no sense for Aggie fans getting bent out of shape for all the hem-hawing about Texas rescheduling. It's longhorn politics now and until that's solved, the answer is a resounding no.

As an Aggie, we could care less what texas does. The majority don’t want to play them again, ever. We are in a better conference and better situation.

Screw em.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back