Hurts transfer

Jalen's dad is dumb.

He is a terrible qb propped up by 21 future NFL players surrounding him.

If Tua is not the starter, then Saban has been castrated.

Reactions: 2 people
Jalen's dad isn't doing him any favors.

Saban has to be thinking about giving Jalen the "if you aren't 100% committed, just leave now" treatment, right? Hard to blame him for doing so.

If could have had a "positive" discussion with Jalen's dad, but if Jalen doesn't end up starting it doesn't matter.

Still could end up being more click bait than truth. But Dad smacks at this point of pushing the decision to the sooner rather than later stage.

Saban has to be thinking about giving Jalen the "if you aren't 100% committed, just leave now" treatment, right? Hard to blame him for doing so.

If could have had a "positive" discussion with Jalen's dad, but if Jalen doesn't end up starting it doesn't matter.

Under other circumstances, I'd say you're right. But aside from Tua and Hurts, Bama only has one other scholarship QB on the roster. Can't risk running Hurts off right now.

Plus, I think Saban would love to see what pretty much every Bama fan would like to see: Hurts switching positions. The guy is a great athlete and dynamic with the ball in his hands. He's also a fantastic teammate.

Hurts takes care of the ball. Still to be seen if Tua can. He threw some dangerous passes this year. It may not be a clear cut case of Tua taking the job anyway.

IF he could actually transfer to another sec team

Mullen offense would be a perfect match to go with his size and running abilities

Hurts takes care of the ball. Still to be seen if Tua can. He threw some dangerous passes this year. It may not be a clear cut case of Tua taking the job anyway.

There are many aspects of playing the position, you mentioned one. Throwing darts in tight windows and processing the field in a nanosecond are also gifts that Tua has in abundance and that should be painfully obvious to most vol fans. Not to mention that #22 is probably still looking for his jockstrap after Tua's ankle breaking TD run.

The best thing for all parties is for Hurts to get the starting job back and Tua transfers to Tennessee. I’m just looking out for everyone’s best interests

Reactions: 3 people
Tua reminds me of Russell Wilson so a lot smaller then Hurts and more likely to get injured but still he’s pretty fast himself so you’re not losing a lot on the athleticism side of things

He can still run for 80 or 100 yards here and there if he has to

But he actually can throw the ball against elite defenses which Hurts consistently struggled with

Hurts = Dobbs 2.0

Both exceptional runners but not great passers.

Last edited:
Still could end up being more click bait than truth. But Dad smacks at this point of pushing the decision to the sooner rather than later stage.

From his standpoint (if he's gonna make a move depending) why would he not want to know sooner rather than later.

Tua has the higher ceiling for playing that position between the 2. Substantially IMO.

Hurts is a TB playing QB.

I don't see him cracking their 2-deep at any position other than QB, and if he wants to play QB he is probably gone by the end of the semester.

Hurts is on course to graduate in December. So he'll be able to play somewhere else starting next year. Unless he thinks that spending a red shirt year at his new school will be incredibly beneficial, he's going to be at Bama thru 2018.

it would be dumb for him to leave imo. injury or Tua having a slow game and he is right back in it.

VN Store

Back