Art Briles Takes $15 Million From Baylor

Is that the same Ken Starr that went after Bill Clinton for sharing a cigar with Monica?

Yes, same Ken Starr who investigated and exposed the affair between Clinton and a 20 something year old White House Intern, which led to Clinton being impeached in the house for perjury and obstruction of justice for lying to prosecutors. Yep, THAT Ken Starr.

How are we to take Briles getting $15mm and Starr getting $4.5mm here? Briles not fired for cause? .....does this suggest they indeed didn’t have the evidence against them that was reported? Honest questions, didn’t read link, didn’t follow the case closely.

Reactions: 1 person
How are we to take Briles getting $15mm and Starr getting $4.5mm here? Briles not fired for cause? .....does this suggest they indeed didn’t have the evidence against them that was reported? Honest questions, didn’t read link, didn’t follow the case closely.

Briles was fired for cause, which is why he didn't get his entire buyout. They reached a settlement with him to buy his silence. If you fire him for cause and just let him walk, then there is nothing to prevent him from airing every bit of Baylor's dirty laundry. I guarantee that his settlement comes with a rather lengthy NDA.

I don't know about the classification of Starr's termination, but I would guess it's a similar situation.

Yes, same Ken Starr who investigated and exposed the affair between Clinton and a 20 something year old White House Intern, which led to Clinton being impeached in the house for perjury and obstruction of justice for lying to prosecutors. Yep, THAT Ken Starr.

And now he's been fired for covering up a sexual misconduct scandal at a major university. Pot. Meet kettle.

Reactions: 4 people
Briles was fired for cause, which is why he didn't get his entire buyout. They reached a settlement with him to buy his silence. If you fire him for cause and just let him walk, then there is nothing to prevent him from airing every bit of Baylor's dirty laundry. I guarantee that his settlement comes with a rather lengthy NDA.

I don't know about the classification of Starr's termination, but I would guess it's a similar situation.

Still kinda odd that he got fired for cause and they still paid him though, right? Seems like “fired for cause” typically means no money at all for the offending party. Am I off base here?

Lol impeached?

I feel like Trump dumb wild talking ass is the only shot I got of see that

Is that the same Ken Starr that went after Bill Clinton for sharing a cigar with Monica?

Yes the same guy as I stated here when this all was going down. And if the truth be known, I dare say he was the idiot advising or ordering Briles to do what he did.

So, under the circumstances, I am glad to see him get paid and hope he one day gets another shot at coaching. Starr just needs to go vacation in upper Alaska forever.

Yes the same guy as I stated here when this all was going down. And if the truth be known, I dare say he was the idiot advising or ordering Briles to do what he did.

So, under the circumstances, I am glad to see him get paid and hope he one day gets another shot at coaching. Starr just needs to go vacation in upper Alaska forever.

You have quite the active imagination

You have quite the active imagination

Not if you paid attention during the Clinton impeachment, and listened to any of Starr's comments. The man does not have the common sense to be in a power position. His leadership first embarrassed the nation, and now Baylor.

It doesn't take an active imagination to see that. Just a decent memory.

Reactions: 2 people
Not if you paid attention during the Clinton impeachment, and listened to any of Starr's comments. The man does not have the common sense to be in a power position. His leadership first embarrassed the nation, and now Baylor.

It doesn't take an active imagination to see that. Just a decent memory.

Irony is that he was hired by the Hilldog.

VN Store

Back