Saban and Calipari highest paid public employees

Saban needs to push for a raise....getting screwed at $11.1mm annually.

There's something really wrong when these coaches make 100 times what the Governors make.

Managing a state with a budget in the $30 billion range for $100,000 which is far more important to American's lives than a coach who manages a football team that generates $60 million and paying him 100 times more. If you can't see that priorities aren't aligned correctly with what's important, then I just don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: 2 people
Managing a state with a budget in the $30 billion range for $100,000 which is far more important to American's lives than a coach who manages a football team that generates $60 million and paying him 100 times more. If you can't see that priorities aren't aligned correctly with what's important, then I just don't know what to tell you.

So maybe they should start doing their job. Stuffing the coffers is not in the job description. When a political employee actually starts paying attention to the people that they represent, then they can complain. They are all useless knobs.

At the highest levels, coaches aren't paid by the taxpayers or out of the schools' coffers. Boosters foot the bill, and in return the coaches provide a huge return for the schools. I would submit that the ROI for Saban's $11 million is better than the ROI for Kay Ivey's $100k.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

You'd have an argument if Saban, or any other coach, was being paid with taxpayer money. They are not, so the point is irrelevant.

Governors are "public servants" beholden to the interests that helped them get elected and sign bills that the state legislatures pass. The governor of Alabama makes $120k/year; that's more than fair compensation.

Saban is responsible for the revival of a football program that has exploded athletic revenue and exploded freshman enrollment (especially out-of-state enrollment). He's helped put hundreds of millions of dollars in the coffers over the years over what would have been made if he wasn't there. Plus there are the incidental effects beyond that - the economic impact of gamedays alone, the enrollment increase means kids come from all around, graduate, and after graduation live and work in places like Tuscaloosa or Birmingham, etc. Saban has done more for that state as a whole than the governor has, and is probably underpaid at $11m per year.

Both coaches are confirmed cheaters. If the NCAA would do its job neither would be coaching in college.

Both coaches are confirmed cheaters. If the NCAA would do its job neither would be coaching in college.

Well, Tennessee just hired one of those "cheaters'" best recruiters. You pumped for another free-wheeling UT coaching search?

Well, Tennessee just hired one of those "cheaters'" best recruiters. You pumped for another free-wheeling UT coaching search?

could you imagine how crazy it would be if all the cheaters were suddenly off the market?

Nick Saban would probably be the best governor in the country.

There's something really wrong when these coaches make 100 times what the Governors make.

Most governors, like all politicians, are crooked as hell and are getting their palms greased in more ways than any of us can possibly imagine. And NONE of them are remotely as good at their jobs as Saban is at his.

Reactions: 1 person
I would vote for nick saban if he ran for president.

Honestly he’d probably be the best president we’ve ever had.

Gs56wQR.gif

I know Clay Travis isn't all that well-liked here, but he says something a lot that I think is 100% accurate.

Saban is a multi-millionaire. He'd also be a multi-millionaire in whatever field he decided to enter; it just so happens he's a football coach. His management, organizational, and leadership skills would translate in the corporate world, or he also could have been a successful entrepreneur if he wanted to.

The vast majority of other coaches, even coaches at big time schools, would be middle school PE teachers or used car salesmen making $45k/year if they couldn't coach college football.

President? No.

I don't know about that, but he would have been a better choice than the ones we had last election. But Hell, a couple of village idiots might have been better choices.

Ferentz is overpaid unless you're a Hawkeye fan. They freaking love him here and some even wish they would pay him more. Hawkeye fans are content with mediocrity.

sadly thats the same thing with alot of our fans aswell....

VN Store

Back