NCAA Championship game thread: Michigan vs Villanova

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pretty good start for Michigan.

Obviously there's a story behind the Michigan players who are wearing pink shoes?

Down nine at half, anyone think Michigan can come back?

Nova 4/13 from three. If they shoot like they have the rest of the tournament in the second half, it could get ugly.

None of the final 4 games were all that good. Meh ending to what was a pretty entertaining tourney

None of the final 4 games were all that good. Meh ending to what was a pretty entertaining tourney

It seemed like everyone eventually ran out of gas except Nova.

Lotta titles in the state of Pennsylvania lately. Penguins Cup last year, Eagles Super Bowl, now another Villanova title.

It seemed like everyone eventually ran out of gas except Nova.

Lotta titles in the state of Pennsylvania lately. Penguins Cup last year, Eagles Super Bowl, now another Villanova title.

well, i'm all for the Pens and the cup.

eastern PA and Western PA have no loyalties to each other. i doubt very seriously that those in WPA claim 'nova, and they sure don't claim the Eagles....lol.

as for nova and the title....i think the thing that surprised me the most is how consistent they were in shooting the ball. you figure they'd stop falling at some point, but everytime they needed to extend a lead or end a run, they got a big bucket.

that's a really good basketball team....

eastern PA and Western PA have no loyalties to each other. i doubt very seriously that those in WPA claim 'nova, and they sure don't claim the Eagles....lol.

Oh I know - it's just like the observation that the state of Alabama won 4 (and almost 5) BCS titles in a row from 09-12. One school sure as hell isn't hell isn't claiming the other school's title. :)

Villanova's closest margin of victory in the tourney was 12 points, and their average margin of victory was almost 18. Total domination, and they had to play/beat several good teams on their side of the bracket in a tournament where a lot of top seeds got bounced early.

Oh I know - it's just like the observation that the state of Alabama won 4 (and almost 5) BCS titles in a row from 09-12. One school sure as hell isn't hell isn't claiming the other school's title. :)

Villanova's closest margin of victory in the tourney was 12 points, and their average margin of victory was almost 18. Total domination, and they had to play/beat several good teams on their side of the bracket in a tournament where a lot of top seeds got bounced early.

yeah, pretty dominant.

and you get wowed by them offensively, shooting the ball, as evidenced by my statement above....but the other thing that shouldn't go unmentioned is how well they defend. they really put teams in bad spots, really apply pressure on their opponents to have to get stops and have to get buckets.

you watch nova play, and it feels like the opponent is always 10+ down, regardless of what the score is.

It depends. If he had an African last name maybe. Even Bill Rafferty was making comments about him being Italian. Did I offend you?

offend me? heck no...it would make me proud if someone recognized my ethnic heritage....one of my favorite players growing up was Bob DiStefano. If you grew up in the RDU area, you may know of him if you are as old as I am...

VN Store

Back