CBB Entering The Draft Thread

Andy Katz

Inbox from @TexasMBB: Statement from Mohamed Bamba
“After an incredibly rewarding year at The University of Texas, I will not be returning to school as I will be entering the NBA Draft.”

Young reminds me of another Young player in LA.
Listening to everyone else instead of making the right choice and returning to school.

Seems like Buddy Hield 2.0 to me. High scorer, everyone thought he was gonna be great, and so far, bust.

Seems like Buddy Hield 2.0 to me. High scorer, everyone thought he was gonna be great, and so far, bust.

While Hield hasn’t been great by any stretch of the imagination I’m not sure he’s been a bust.

He’s been on quite a tear that last couple weeks

This year's draft is filled with busts outside of Ayton and Bamba. Ayton is a 20/10 franchise center. Bamba is a Rudy Gobert defensive player of the year caliber rim protector.

Other than that, you're looking at role players.

Marvin Bagley reminds me a lot of Michael Beasley. A guy who isn't big enough to play the 4 but not really athletic enough to be a 3. In this era of small ball be should be able to make a living putting up empty stats but he ain't a star.

Reactions: 1 person
This year's draft is filled with busts outside of Ayton and Bamba. Ayton is a 20/10 franchise center. Bamba is a Rudy Gobert defensive player of the year caliber rim protector.

Marvin Bagley reminds me a lot of Michael Beasley. A guy who isn't big enough to play the 4 but not really athletic enough to be a 3. In this era of small ball be should be able to make a living putting up empty stats but he ain't a star.

Margin Bagley is 6’11” but too small to play the 4? Uh huh, stick to football.

Wait, you’re horrible at that too.

Reactions: 8 people

Bagley is almost 7 feet tall and is one of, if not the most athletic player I've ever seen at his size. I know you have a shtick on this board to maintain, and I respect that, but please next time at least put a little bit of effort into it.

Reactions: 2 people
If Trey Young stops looking for the flashy play every time down the court he will be successful. I highly doubt he will be able to do that though. He needs to stop trying to be Steph Curry and launching 40 foot shots and turning the ball over 8 times a game.

Admittedly a small sample size, but from what I saw out of Ayton late in the year, I wasn't impressed at all. Especially in light of the hype. Perhaps he had checked out after the scandal broke, but games would go on for long periods where he was just invisible.

Bagley is a freak. You’re off on this one. Way off..

Reactions: 3 people
Margin Bagley is 6’11” but too small to play the 4? Uh huh, stick to football.

Wait, you’re horrible at that too.

We'll see what he measures at the combine. I don't think he's taller than 6'9" barefoot.

Michael Beasley was also listed at 6'10" in college only to get measured at 6'7.5" before the draft.

Bagley is almost 7 feet tall and is one of, if not the most athletic player I've ever seen at his size. I know you have a shtick on this board to maintain, and I respect that, but please next time at least put a little bit of effort into it.

Remember last year I told y'all Markelle Fultz would be a bust even though everyone else was saying he would go #1 overall.

How's that going so far?

Admittedly a small sample size, but from what I saw out of Ayton late in the year, I wasn't impressed at all. Especially in light of the hype. Perhaps he had checked out after the scandal broke, but games would go on for long periods where he was just invisible.

All I needed to see was Ayton's body and movement skills. As long as he stays healthy he'll be ELITE in the NBA.

There are simply not many humans who are as big as him and move like he does. He's a special talent. Should be the best center in the NBA after Joel Embiid by 2020.

Remember last year I told y'all Markelle Fultz would be a bust even though everyone else was saying he would go #1 overall.

How's that going so far?

D4H-
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Bagley is a freak. You’re off on this one. Way off..

I'm guessing you thought Markelle Fultz was a slam dunk future star in the NBA at this time last year as well?

I'm pretty good at evaluating NBA prospects. I was right about Fultz last year in the draft. I'm right about Bagley this year.

How's that going so far?

Please lol Fultz has been injured this entire season how does that already make him a bust? By that logic Blake Griffin was a bust as well? I have a crazy idea, how about judge Fultz when he's actually back on the court and healthy, then if he's a bust sure, you got it right, but calling him a bust right now is incredibly shortsighted

VN Store

Back