Dan Hurley

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
[twitter]975882438848245760[/twitter]

Pitt is a complete dumpster fire. Not sure why he’d go there. However he has proven he can turn literally anyone around. Whoever lands him will strike it rich IMO. St Johns blew it, and so did Georgetown.

He’s had some injuries that kept him from being as big of a name as he should be.

Frankly if I were him, I'd wait for a better opening. The way UConn fired Kevin Ollie would make me skeptical of that job. UConn is claiming "just cause" to get out of the buyout, but there appears to be little evidence of this "just cause." That would not make me feel good about the situation as a coach. Add in the fact that UConn is less appealing after conference realignment; the AAC is a bad fit for them.

Pitt is actually more appealing IMO, but somewhat of a dumpster fire right now. Also, as a coach, would not be thrilled that the previous coach was canned after 2 seasons even if the 2nd season was pretty bad.

Think Hurley might be better off waiting another season. UConn used to be a top job, but it's tough to trust a school that tries to get out of a contract, and it's a tougher job now that it's outside the Big East, as well. Pitt might be worthwhile, though.

Frankly if I were him, I'd wait for a better opening. The way UConn fired Kevin Ollie would make me skeptical of that job. UConn is claiming "just cause" to get out of the buyout, but there appears to be little evidence of this "just cause." That would not make me feel good about the situation as a coach. Add in the fact that UConn is less appealing after conference realignment; the AAC is a bad fit for them.

Pitt is actually more appealing IMO, but somewhat of a dumpster fire right now. Also, as a coach, would not be thrilled that the previous coach was canned after 2 seasons even if the 2nd season was pretty bad.

Think Hurley might be better off waiting another season. UConn used to be a top job, but it's tough to trust a school that tries to get out of a contract, and it's a tougher job now that it's outside the Big East, as well. Pitt might be worthwhile, though.

It’s been reported that UCONN is being investigated for recruiting violations. Depending on what those violations are then they may have a strong case for firing with cause.

UConn lost a lot of moxie when they were removed from the Big East. Also, Calhoun is a cheater of the highest level and they can’t do that as much anymore. It’s not the same job as it was.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back