Chubb not CFHOA eligible

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Heard a few Georgia fans decrying that UGA's Nic Chubb is not eligible for the College Football Hall of Fame per today's guidelines. Maybe he was so great they'll change the guidelines for him to get in someday but that day has not yet arrived. What many may not realize is that to enter the college Hall of Fame one of the requirements was and is you must have been a first team All American. Nic Chubb was never a first team All American therefore he is not qualified for entry.

I held from his first season to his final one that Nic Chubb was indeed very talented and a very good running back, better than average, top notch, but was not "great." Comparatively were he to have been "great" then he should have been a first team All American at least one season to which he was not as there were better out there those seasons. His best season was his first and he probably should have been an All American that year, but he was all UGA had, Marshall, Michel, and the Big G were all out that season, ahead of him on the depth chart, with knee injuries so young Chubb toted the rock for the Dawgs pretty much the whole season behind a very good and seasoned OL. A hard say for some to absorb as I agree with my earlier assessment, very good, extremely talented, but great? Nope. What say you? Georgia's Nick Chubb a hall of famer? Not hardly

About time we heard from the “everyone gets a trophy” group.

Chubb was a great player but it’s a HOF for a reason.

Reactions: 5 people
I would say it's not a big deal and why are Georgia fans fussing.

But then you go on our ff and you see many of fans completely fussing and crying over something so small like Butch on the jumbotron. Or in the basketball forum fans still fuss as to why Lofton doesn't have his Jersey retired (there's guidelines there too). So if their fans want to fuss then oh well

I think Chubb has a chance to be a very good pro RB. In fact I now wish Georgia had gotten Hurd and we had landed Chubb. I have a ton of respect for him, but if he doesn't meet the criteria? Move along, nothing to see here.

Meh.

I think these hall of fames have too many players. It degrades the value of it. Not saying Chubb isn’t a phenomenal player but I’m OK keeping certain standards

Reactions: 2 people
Meh.

I think these hall of fames have too many players. It degrades the value of it. Not saying Chubb isn’t a phenomenal player but I’m OK keeping certain standards

Should the SEC 2nd all time leading rusher be in the CFHOF? Yes

Should they amend the rules? No

Glad I could clear that up.

Rules are rules man

Reactions: 1 person
UGA fans are just butt hurt at always being beaten by "those damned rules." They truly believe that rules should not apply to them.

attachment.php

Great rule! Not even an All-American...no HOF. It's not the Hall of Very Good!
David Greene is #2 all time in SEC Passing yards..put him in also!

Complete nonsense.

So we disagree? :) Happens. He was epic his freshman season. Unfortunately injured as a sophomore. Average as a junior. And the second best RB on his own team as a senior. Make a helluva plaque.

So we disagree? :) Happens. He was epic his freshman season. Unfortunately injured as a sophomore. Average as a junior. And the second best RB on his own team as a senior. Make a helluva plaque.

The HOF is based on production right? So the SEC's second all time leading rusher doesnt deserve to be in? A guy who has more rushing yards qnd TDs than guys like Bo Jackson, Derrick Henry and Darren McFadden deserves to be in.

The HOF is based on production right? So the SEC's second all time leading rusher doesnt deserve to be in? A guy who has more rushing yards qnd TDs than guys like Bo Jackson, Derrick Henry and Darren McFadden deserves to be in.

Hurd was 400 yards from being our all-time leading rusher. He top 3 on your list for Vols RB’s? If Chubb had been able to recapture that extra special something that made him great his freshman season, he’d be missing about 1100 yards of that “production”...because he would’ve declared. Was a very good college back. Injuries kept him from being HOF level.

Hurd was 400 yards from being our all-time leading rusher. He top 3 on your list for Vols RB’s? If Chubb had been able to recapture that extra special something that made him great his freshman season, he’d be missing about 1100 yards of that “production”...because he would’ve declared. Was a very good college back. Injuries kept him from being HOF level.

In fairness there's a big difference between being our ATLR and the SEC's ATLR. Over 2k yards in fact.

Agree it's really all about the injuries. If Chuck Webb or Jamaal Lewis had managed to have healthy careers here...man...sucks to think about.

In fairness there's a big difference between being our ATLR and the SEC's ATLR. Over 2k yards in fact.

Agree it's really all about the injuries. If Chuck Webb or Jamaal Lewis had managed to have healthy careers here...man...sucks to think about.

The point was do you HONOR because of total stats? He was a special back as a freshman...and then never again.

The point was do you HONOR because of total stats? He was a special back as a freshman...and then never again.

Chubb was indeed special as a freshman. And 3,222 yards, 6 yards per carry and 30 rushing tds his last 2.5 seasons/excluding that freshman season, while suffering through knee injuries and splitting time with another 1,000 yard back.....nothing to sneeze at, still pretty special. His last 2.5 years were more productive than our all-time leading rusher’s, would make him Tennessee’s all-time leading rusher.

Chubb was indeed special as a freshman. And 3,222 yards, 6 yards per carry and 30 rushing tds his last 2.5 seasons/excluding that freshman season, while suffering through knee injuries and splitting time with another 1,000 yard back.....nothing to sneeze at, still pretty special. His last 2.5 years were more productive than our all-time leading rusher’s, would make him Tennessee’s all-time leading rusher.

He didn’t have a .5 season his sophomore year...got injured against us. The standard isn’t how he compares to OUR all-time leading rushers...cuz they’re also not in the HOF. My take is spectacular freshman season followed by meh to less than stellar follow-up seasons...and apparently the powers that be already subscribe to that take.

VN Store

Back