Dooley In Over His Head, Again

Didnt know what was more amusing the written article or those 2 goobers in the video

He probably sees his QB situation like what he had with Bray.

Dooley's problems occurred when Wilcox left for UW.

It's easy to make fun of Dools, and he had a ton of issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou's O was decent to good.

Flame away.

Reactions: 1 person
If Dooley had started out in coaching instead of pursuing and getting a law degree, he likely would be pretty decent right now. He's worked with a lot of really good coaches and obviously has good coaching DNA. At some point, I think things are going to start clicking. He isn't the idiot some of you make him out to be.

It's easy to make fun of Dools, and he had a ton of issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou's O was decent to good.

Flame away.

I agree. Think Dools will be better than some are thinking.

Mizzou’s offense last year actually reminded me of Dooley’s offenses at UT

Offense that scores a ton of points against the mediocre teams on the schedule. Quarterback that throws for a lot of yards and touchdowns. Went on a run the second half of the season beating up on mostly bad teams to make it to a bowl game

But yea I think Dooley could do alright. The fact that he’s never been an OC or coached quarterbacks before would be concerning to me. Lock has been around for ever so he shouldn’t need much coaching but I’d be worried about what happens after he’s gone

Last edited:
Reactions: DiderotsGhost

Flame away.

Agree, an NFL team thought highly enough of him to hire him after he left here. And now another SEC team likes him enough to hire him also. At one point, Nick Saban liked him enough to hire him. Yet some fans on a message board know more about Dooley because he didn't work out at their school and they can't let it go.

Agree, an NFL team thought highly enough of him to hire him after he left here. And now another SEC team likes him enough to hire him also. At one point, Nick Saban liked him enough to hire him. Yet some fans on a message board know more about Dooley because he didn't work out at their school and they can't let it go.

Saban hired him to coach TE’s and then moved him to running backs and ST’s. Coached TE’s and WR’s for the Dolphins and Cowboy’s. That’s POSITION coaches...if you’re keeping score. He FAILED as our HC...cut and dry. Excuse us as we predict FAILURE at another major job he’s never performed much less succeeded at...considering his track record. Resume feeling superior all over yourself. :good!:

Sorry OP, but's that's not the message I got from the article at all. It just sounded to me like Dooley was being a bit humble (not saying he is or not) about coming into the situation at Missouri.

Sorry OP, but's that's not the message I got from the article at all. It just sounded to me like Dooley was being a bit humble (not saying he is or not) about coming into the situation at Missouri.

He was definitely trying to be humble, but he's also clearly disoriented and disorganized with his plan, again.

His offense might be good because of his QB coming back, but don't think for a minute it will because of anything Dooley is implementing.

If Dooley had started out in coaching instead of pursuing and getting a law degree, he likely would be pretty decent right now. He's worked with a lot of really good coaches and obviously has good coaching DNA. At some point, I think things are going to start clicking. He isn't the idiot some of you make him out to be.

That is possible. What is definitely true is that he was moved too far up the coaching ladder too soon. He should have had to earn his way up to a job like UT, and not been handed a gift by Mike Hamilton because he said sweet tea and grits and britches.

When he beats Tenn's ass, will ya'll finally give him credit?

Bunch of asshats around here. :(

I don’t how much credit you should get for “beating Tennessee’s ass”. That’s a pretty easy thing to do these days. Lots of love in here for Dooley. Y’all must of been the OG Dooley lovers back in the day. I hope for y’alls sake he works out so y’all can brag about a coach that failed here and succeeded somewhere else. Seems pretty idiotic to me, but I’ll get a good chuckle out of it.

Hate to say it about Ole Doofus, but I expect him to field a pretty good offense. We fans seem to forget some of our best offensive teams was under Dooley's leadership.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back