Trouble for Arizona

According to the Arizona Daily Star's Caitlyn Schmidt, the amendment alleges players on Arizona's football team gang raped female students and staff and that the school did not take the necessary steps to intervene

Staff? Wow!

Not surprised at all.

Although the report that surfaced today seemed a bit light in terms of actual offense (buying lunches and all...), the report was really just a general overview of a couple spreadsheets. If one spreadsheet was the source of all the dirt out there on these programs, there would be no need for a full-blown investigation.

A few months ago, we found out Louisville was involved in some dirt, then later we find that Petino took $30+ mil.

Now we see much more incriminating info coming out regarding Arizona after just a taste from the report.

I feel pretty sure that anyone seeing their name on the list so far should be waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it ain’t gonna be pretty.

DWxiBvpWsAAVzaz

I'd be careful gloating over the misery of others. All kinds of crap is going to surface on this FBI stuff.

The same reason this **** doesnt get addresses is that coaches have no leverage since they use shady tactics recruiting these players.

"Coach, you got to help me. Remember when you offered my moms $$ if I signed here? Remember those texts from the burner phone during the dead period?"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Miller is not coaching tonight's game against Oregon.

I just read that due to a poorly written contract, Arizona will owe Miller 85% of his remaining base salary ($10.5 million) if they fire him with cause. That is $5 million more than they would owe him if they fired him without cause. The Arizona AD went to the Mike Hamilton school of contracts, I see.

Reactions: 2 people
I just read that due to a poorly written contract, Arizona will owe Miller 85% of his remaining base salary ($10.5 million) if they fire him with cause. That is $5 million more than they would owe him if they fired him without cause. The Arizona AD went to the Mike Hamilton school of contracts, I see.

Seems pretty simple. They should just fire him without cause. "You're fired!" "Why?" "No reason. Here's your $5.5 million. Have a nice day."

Seems pretty simple. They should just fire him without cause. "You're fired!" "Why?" "No reason. Here's your $5.5 million. Have a nice day."

Will be interesting if he is charged with a crime - would they have to fire him then or not ? Or if the NCAA gives him a 20 year show cause, then what happens ? Some how I think AZ will get out of paying him - if not more heads will roll for approving a contract like that - add to that a probable long probation with post season bans AZ will lose a lot more than 5.5 million

I'm still shaking my head over Currie's situation. It's cheaper to keep him on the payroll than it is to fire him without cause?

So looks like this Sean Miller story was a hoax?

According to the source, relevant FBI wiretaps in the investigation did not begin until 2017—months after five-star recruit Deandre Ayton had already committed to Arizona in Sept. 2016. This account is consistent with reporting by Evan Daniels of 247Sports. The recruitment of Ayton, therefore, would have not been at issue in an intercepted phone call that occurred in 2017. To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued paying or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

Sean Miller statement refutes ESPN, sets up legal options | SI.com

VN Store

Back