UF basketball

BIG BOI 23

What a weird season I remember a few months ago the gators were up like 15 points on duke with 2 min left(Of course duke went on a big run to end the game and UF choked it away) Fresh off beating a couple top 25 teams and going back to elite 8 was very likely hell I was actually thinking final 4 or possibly national championship at one point in that duke game lol

Now we’ve lost to Georgia twice and have had some horrible breakdowns where we lose to bad teams at home in horrible fashion. This year it seems every game we lose it’s in the same way almost always a double digit lead blown where the other team goes on a crazy run the last few min

Also since that Duke game my opinion of Mike White has definitely decreased a bit. Not saying fire him or anything but damn I thought for a min we might of lucked into finding another great bball coach

Now he’s looking pretty damn average but hey still got the tournament to turn things around another run to sweet 16 or elite 8 would go a long way

Actually making the tournament is not a sure thing anymore. Another loss wouldn’t surprise anybody at this point

Last edited:
No big man or inside game, it's that simple. Look at yesterday box score. We had something like 11 free throw attempts versus their 25. That means we aren't driving to score.

When Billy Donovan first came to UF, he recruited in his own image. All shooting guards. White is doing the same thing.

We can ruin someone else's tournament if the 3's are falling, but we won't be in it very long.

No big man or inside game, it's that simple. Look at yesterday box score. We had something like 11 free throw attempts versus their 25. That means we aren't driving to score.

When Billy Donovan first came to UF, he recruited in his own image. All shooting guards. White is doing the same thing.

We can ruin someone else's tournament if the 3's are falling, but we won't be in it very long.

Then Billy went and got Udonis Haslem and realized a bad ass dominant big can make things a whole lot easier

Beating Auburn and Kentucky should clinch a spot in the tourney I imagine

UF has a lot of top 25 wins but also quite a few bad losses

Gonna be interesting to see what kind of seed we get I could see anywhere from 9 to 3 depending on what they do in sec tournament

Last edited:

Gonna be interesting to see what kind of seed we get I could see anywhere from 9 to 3 depending on what they do in sec tournament

No way you sniff a 3 seed with 10 losses. Jmo.

Reactions: 3 people

Lol a 3?

Kentucky isnt good.

Not that we aren't good, just a total lack of consistency and lack of leadership. We've been good in stretches, but if you watched just the four games vs UT and UF, we look like we don't even belong in the tourney.

VN Store

Back