Another update on FBI corruption case..

I'm not too worried about Cuonzo's and CRB's tenure at UT. But if CCM was involved at Cal or Mizz and Barnes was at Texas... I wouldn't be shocked. Luckily Donnie was sent packing before he could gave done too much damage and hopefully the NCAA's statute of limitations has run out on Bruce.

36 major programs are in deep **** per the thread in the Around the NCAA Forum.

When they said half the NCAA field I was thinking AU, Kansas, Zona, OK, OSU, VA, MSU, they might get the Teflon don Coach K.

Not good even if we are squeaky clean. Hate to see it

Not me. If they're cheating, let 'em pay--we've sure the hell paid our dues post-Pearl, right?

I supported Pearl because I thought him being rung up over some stupid barbecue was crazy, but fact is, the true facts are about to come out, I think.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. I'd say the NCAA knew some stuff we didn't. Now that he's not a Vol, he just looks kind of swarmy..lol.

Not me. If they're cheating, let 'em pay--we've sure the hell paid our dues post-Pearl, right?

I supported Pearl because I thought him being rung up over some stupid barbecue was crazy, but fact is, the true facts are about to come out, I think.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. I'd say the NCAA knew some stuff we didn't. Now that he's not a Vol, he just looks kind of swarmy..lol.

All Bruce had to do was tell the truth.

Don’t understand why he had to lie to his employer & the NCAA over a freaking BBQ.

Reactions: 4 people
All Bruce had to do was tell the truth.

Don’t understand why he had to lie to his employer & the NCAA over a freaking BBQ.

Bruce probably lied because there were likely financial penalties in his contract if there were NCAA violations. So he lied to the NCAA and to his bosses at UT.

I hope that the mods can add UT to the thread title to keep it here and relevant to TN Basketball.

Hopefully it is relevant since we are one of those sixteen teams, and I don't know how this is going to go down.

So far, I haven't heard any indication that Barnes is involved..

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm glad that the wording is "vacated" rather than "affected". I'd worry about Barnes having been involved at Texas considering all of the recruiting hauls that he had there. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. CRB sure talks like he's been taking the high road.

Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

Hoops corruption case may take down players, coaches, programs

Is North Carolina finally going to get busted??? This time it’s the FBI doing the investigation and not the corrupt NCAA

Reactions: 5 people
Is this secondary fallout from the Louisville investigation?

I doubt they will make any rulings until after the season...or so Auburn hopes.

Barnes has been getting under the radar guys at Tennessee and not the highly recruited five stars. Maybe he is squeaky clean. (at least here)

Reactions: 2 people
Bruce probably lied because there were likely financial penalties in his contract if there were NCAA violations. So he lied to the NCAA and to his bosses at UT.

That would've still been a stupid reason to lie. Any fine he would've paid to UT would've been nowhere near as damaging to his wallet as getting fired.

Bruce lied to keep the NCAA from snooping around for something else. Once we started to get players like Tobias Harris and Selby (before the decomittment) over the blue bloods, the NCAA wasnt going to stop until they nailed him. Bruce just made the NCAA's job really easy by getting caught in a lie.

See Ole Miss football when the blue bloods get worried about a coach..

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back