UGA fans are setting INSANE expectations.. check it out..

We have D4H who thinks we win a couple in the next few years...

*unless he’s changed his “theory” again

Reactions: 6 people
Seen at least 4 posters on here aiming undeafeted seasons next year for us.

One guy evem thinks half the sec are gimme games and the other half are tossups

Reactions: 2 people
Seen at least 4 posters on here aiming undeafeted seasons next year for us.

One guy evem thinks half the sec are gimme games and the other half are tossups

Yep.
I even read where one guy all but guaranteed a NC within 3 years and multiple NCs under Pruitt.

In many ways, what Saban has done the past decade is really bad for the sport. Bama fans obviously have ridiculous expectations, and it's going to be really tough sledding for the guy who takes over after Saban.

But fans all over the country seem unaware of the fact that what Saban has accomplished is so difficult that no one before him has even come close to accomplishing it. Yet, they seem to think that, because they've seen it happen, that it can be done again.

It won't. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying that fans shouldn't expect top-level success for their programs. But a little perspective would be beneficial for everyone's mental health.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
In many ways, what Saban has done the past decade is really bad for the sport. Bama fans obviously have ridiculous expectations, and it's going to be really tough sledding for the guy who takes over after Saban.

But fans all over the country don't seem unaware of the fact that what Saban has accomplished is so difficult that no one before him has even come close to accomplishing it. Yet, they seem to think that, because they've seen it happen, that it can be done again.

It won't. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying that fans shouldn't expect top-level success for their programs. But a little perspective would be beneficial for everyone's mental health.

Some posters here on VN notwithstanding, I don't think Tennessee fans have insanely high expectations. Especially right now. I expect Tennessee to win the East once every few years and then go on to win the SEC some of the times you also win the East. In the years where you don't win the division, field a competitive team and continue to recruit well. Given the resources and history of the program, that seems like a perfectly reasonable expectation to me.

If you want insane expectations, look at Auburn. A significant portion of their fanbase wants Gus fired.

Reactions: 1 person
We have D4H who thinks we win a couple in the next few years...

*unless he’s changed his “theory” again

Woah woah woah. He doesn’t change his mind.

He does reconsider after he sees he’s wrong, but that’s different.

Reactions: 2 people
Some posters here on VN notwithstanding, I don't think Tennessee fans have insanely high expectations. Especially right now. I expect Tennessee to win the East once every few years and then go on to win the SEC some of the times you also win the East. In the years where you don't win the division, field a competitive team and continue to recruit well. Given the resources and history of the program, that seems like a perfectly reasonable expectation to me.

If you want insane expectations, look at Auburn. A significant portion of their fanbase wants Gus fired.

I'd like to win the East 3 or 4 times in a decade, win the SEC outright in half our trips to the SECCG. And have a .500 record against our main rivals, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Anything above that would be icing.

I might be wrong here, but isn't the point of hiring a HC is to get the team to win a NC. I completely understand how tough winning is at this level, but winning is why you get paid. We should expect atleast 1 NC from Pruitt (I have no idea when that will be) and I don't think it is unreasonable. However, my mentality about "You better win and if you don't we should fire you" is a lot different. You don't play to lose but you can't expect a NC every year... Unless you are a UT football player.

Yep.
I even read where one guy all but guaranteed a NC within 3 years and multiple NCs under Pruitt.

Hell, all I want them to do is quit screwing up. If they run things competently, the wins will come without me setting expectations. If they work together, stop the back stabbing and undercutting, and use common sense, we can get back to competing for titles instead of looking like one legged men in an ass kicking contest.

I think they ought to do away with the coaches, allow a sideline monitor and let the guys tag themselves in like a tag team wrestling match.

Reactions: 3 people
GA is going to be down this coming year. Losing all those seniors will hurt.

This is akin to saying Saban losing so many guys to the NFL is going to hurt them. Never happens. Georgia is stacked with talent and they have a great coaching staff.

Chubb, Michel, and a few others? Yeah. But it looked like 2/3 of them were walkons. Only way they will miss them is as practice bodies and if it lowers the team GPA.

Yep.

That was me. I said we’ll win one within 4 years and Pruitt will have multiple here when his coaching career is done at UT. I think he’s a great coach, multiple can mean 2,3,4 or even 5. I think he’ll be that good with a little time.

Yeah down being 10-2ish probably though. There’s just no credible competition in the east.

The UGA thread was click bait, in an attempt to start a rah-rah thread. Reading the comments, it seems to have failed.

We do it all the time, e.g. “2018 Schedule - I dare”, “Tennessee can win the East in 2018”, “Kirby Smart can’t beat Pruitt”, the list goes on and on.

Initiates some good discussion and comments though.

Just ignorance at best. I don't comment on the UT roster, depth chart, losses and such because I don't know enough about it. The above is a comment from someone who should follow the same.

Reactions: 3 people
I think they ought to do away with the coaches, allow a sideline monitor and let the guys tag themselves in like a tag team wrestling match.

Throw in steel chairs and a table, ratings would soar.

VN Store

Back