Mark Emmert

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Far be it for me to defend the NCAA, but they don't, and shouldn't, have the authority to deal with criminal matters. Emmert should have made a phone call to the MSU AD and suggested that they get their s*** together, but that should have been the extent of his involvement.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't the NCAA say the Penn State issue was not an NCAA issue?
How is this different

Agree with bamawriter.

Implying Mark Emmett was complicit in some conspiracy to cover up with what happened at Michigan State is a major stretch.

And I have no love for the NCAA.

Here's what he should have done.

In the presence of the person giving him the tip, complaint or allegation, he should have picked up the phone and called the head of compliance at MSU and said..."Ms. So and So is here in my office and she has alleged Blah,blah,blah...will you look into this for us and follow up with us at the end of the week?'

Maybe he did, I don't know.

Reactions: 4 people
Far be it for me to defend the NCAA, but they don't, and shouldn't, have the authority to deal with criminal matters. Emmert should have made a phone call to the MSU AD and suggested that they get their s*** together, but that should have been the extent of his involvement.

Emmert along with the scum at msu should have notified proper authority instead of covering for major programs, funny isnt he good buddies with lil nicky?

I agree it wasn’t he place, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he has a moral obligation to at least make a phone call to follow up. Legally he may not be culpable, but I it doesn’t look good if he was made aware and didn’t report anything.

Reactions: 2 people
Emmert along with the scum at msu should have notified proper authority instead of covering for major programs, funny isnt he good buddies with lil nicky?

The proper parties either were already notified and didn't bring charges, or the victim never filed a report. What should Emmert have done about that?

Got third degree burns from that smoking hot take.

How do we know what Emmett did or didn’t do at this point?

VN Store

Back